𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 .𝟎𝟖

╰┈➤ ❝ aonungs pov ❞

╰┈➤ ❝ aonungs pov

My mother had taken me to her marui pod.
"You have been spending a lot of time with that girl y/n." She begins. For fucks sake.

"Do you have any intentions with her, Aonung?" She asks, circling me as if I was anything but her son.

"Intentions?" I ask.

"Do you love her, is what I'm asking." She says. Theres a wrong answer here. I could either say yes, or say no.

"No, mother. I do not love her. I am just teaching her our way." I say, rolling my eyes at her trying to make myself seem as uninterested as I could.

"Did that kiss mean showing her our way?" she says. I go silent. How do I respond to that?

"It was just nothing. I didn't know what I was doing." I say. I was lying so badly right now, and my mother could see right through me.
"I'm sorry." I say, swinging my head down even though I wasn't sorry one bit.
She places a hand on my shoulder.
"You cannot be sorry for the one that you love, Aonung. And although I would rather you fall in love with a Metkayina, you are in control of your feelings. So I cannot stop you, and will learn to respect y/n." She gives me a whole speech.
"You're acting as if I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her." I say, walking out of the marui pod.

Horror.

My eyes wide, to see y/n on the floor, her parents running from her marui pod and back.

Oh my fuck!

I run over to y/n, to see her lay helpless on the floor. Her parents in her marui pod.
I hold her face, squeezing it gently.

Was she breathing? What happened? Was she dead?

The first thing I needed to do was..

"MOTHER!" I yell, as I see her appear from behind her pod and rush over.

"What has happened?" She asks.

"I don't know?!" I say, my breathing fast. Her leg was gushing out blood.
I look into the ocean, to see a faint trail of red make its way over to the shore.

"Aonung, you go back to her siblings. I will make sure she is safe." She says.

I hesitate.
"But, I can't-" I get cut off by her death stare.

I find her siblings amongst the mangrove trees, far from the mainland.

"Get down!" I yell, as they all look down at me.

"What do you want? Are you going to tease us?" Neteyam shouts back at me.

"No, it is serious! Get down!" I yell, panic in my voice as they hesitantly make their way down from the trees.

"Y/n is unconscious by the shore an-" before I could finish my sentence, her siblings were shrieking and pushing past me.

"You cannot go! Come back, you will be punished by my mother." They all scurry back to me.

Using my mother against people was very good.

"Y/n is bleeding very heavily. My mother will heal her, do not worry." I attempt to calm them down.

All I could think about was Y/n. I trusted my mother into doing a good job healing her.

It's quite strange that she's unconscious due to a leg injury. Maybe she was overwhelmed, my poor girl.

It's eclipse. I walk into the marui pod, to see my mother.

"How is she? Is she alright?"

Tsireya walks in, placing a hand on my shoulder, and I almost immediately swat it away.
"She's alright. She is healing, okay?" She smiles at me.
"Whatever. I don't care too much."
I wouldn't want Tsireya find out about us.

Oh yeah, us. What's going on between me an y/n? It was confusing. I didn't even know myself.

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

I open my eyes slowly, my vision blurred.
What happened?
The first thing I feel is a sharp pain in my leg.
I rub my eyes, to see my parents and siblings talking.

"Y/n will be okay. Then again, it is just her leg."
My mother says, placing a hand on kiri.

Oh right. The coral.

"Yeah I'm good." I say, as they all turn their heads to me.

"Y/n! I'm so glad that your healing process went quick."
Kiri says, rubbing her thumb on my hand as she squeezes it tightly.

"My love!" My mother walks up to me.
"How is your leg?" She asks.

"Horrible. It hurts like a bitch."
"Language, princess." My dad says, walking over to me as he kisses my forehead.

"What had happened to you?" Lo'ak asks.

"I remember Neteyam getting mad at me. I decided to swim to clear my head, and I noticed this huge creature swim towards me as if I was prey. Then, I got a really deep cut in my leg from the coral. Then this even BIGGER sea creature helped me!" I say, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Y/n, I didn't mean for this to be my fault. I am so sorry." Neteyam apologises.

"Do not worry. I decided to swim beyond the reef."

"The reef?!" My dad shrieked.

The rest of the time was spent by my father scolding me. He couldn't stay mad, though.

Eventually, we all fall asleep.

I was woken up to the feeling of someone shaking me.

I wake up.

"Tsireya??" I whisper.

She had a big cheesy grin on her face.
"Come, come! I am so happy you have healed!" She says, whispering.

a/n: hi guys!! sorry for the really late and rubbish chapter but i had to get the boring one out of the way and i promise ill give you some juicy chapters in the future 😘😘 if you have any suggestions for future chapters lmk so that I can make this story more enjoyable for you 💗💗
luv ya xox