𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 .𝟎𝟏𝟓

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

The morning greets me with a delicate ray of sunshine pouring out of the horizon. The sounds of the trees swaying and the delicate water hungrily crashing onto the shore. I sit up, well rested for once. I was the first one up.

I creep out of the pod and look up at the sky to somewhat see the stars drained out by the clear blue sky. As I was taking in my surroundings, I feel a tap on my shoulder.
"Morning, Aonung." I smile.
"Why are you so calm? You would usually be yelling at me by now." He raises his imaginary brows.
"Way to ruin the mood." I sigh at his comment, and his eyes squint as a playful smile creeps up onto his face.
"You know, we have dinner with your family tonight.." He breathes out.
"Yeah, I don't know why though." And with that, Lo'ak stumbles out of the pod.

"Why are you so loud? Everyone's up because of you." He rubs his eyes lazily, as everyone starts to pour out of the marui, half asleep.
"I guess I'll go then.." Aonung says awkwardly.
He turns himself around, ready to walk off as I grab his wrist and pull him back.

"You can't keep running from my family, skxawng." I gently let go of him, my hand slithering down his as I pull it back.

"Come with me then." He smiles, trying to discretely throw his hand around me. "Can we swim?" I ask him, zoning out onto the ocean as he responds with a delicate "yes." I felt the vibrations of hid voice tingle my skin, and he jumps in.

For a second I admire the beauty of the ocean, before taking it in as I submerge myself. His eyes meet mine as he waits for me to follow him.

Emerging from the atmosphere of the sea, I pull myself up onto a small rock nestling above the surface, Aonung joining me.

"You can hold your breath very nicely now." He smiles at me. "Thanks. You ready for the meal with our parents tonight?" I laugh at his reaction. He sighs. "Not really, I mean, why are we there anyway?" He asks, drooping his shoulders with a tired expression on his face.

I shrug in response, bored out of my mind. "Aonung.." His ears perk up to the sound of his name. "Can I teach you how to use a bow?"

He hesitates for a second, before responding with an unsure "Yes.."
"Wait here." I smile, before diving into the oceans depths.

After swimming for what seemed like ages, I get to my marui pod and hesitantly walk in.
"Mother.." I begin, smiling at her as she returns it. "Can I borrow um.. your bow?" I ask her shyly and her smile fades into a frown.

"What for?" She asks curiously. "So that..I could teach Aonung how to use it." I smile.
"No." She responds sternly. "Pleas-" "No!" She says, giving me a look which told me to run away, and so I did.

"Back. I couldn't borrow my mother's so.. we'll have to make one." I complain, my feet dangling in the water as Aonung looks down.
"Do you know how?"
"Kind of..."

And so we got to work. Cutting and carving wood, making notches, crafting bows.
And after what felt like ages, we finished.
"How do you use this?" Aonung questions, curiously observing the bow.
"Lets find a fish." I smile, and before I get to walk towards the ocean, he pulls me towards him.
Our bodies just barely touching eachother, as his grip on me softens. "We aren't sacrificing a fish just for you to show me how a bow works."
"Oh, come on Aonung! It's a fish!" I argue back
"Maybe learn to trust your boyfriend in the sense that it's not right."

What did he just say?
Realisation hits him as he studies my face, with a shocked expression.
"Wow.." I laugh, awkwardly. Not knowing what to say, he clears his throat.
"Let's just not then." I agree with him, nodding.

I didn't correct him, and he didn't correct me. It was almost as if I liked him saying that...

a/n: SLIGHTLYYY smaller chapter but i got the letter i to work on my keyboard again, which is why i wasnt able to write the story 💀 ill upload the next one a lot quicker so so so sorry i havent uploaded for a month but my phone has been thru way too much 😭😭 i hope u enjoyed this short little chapter 💗💗
luv ya xox