𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 .𝟎𝟏𝟔

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

I mean, come on. I have every right to not correct him. We weren't friends... what were we?

The question had been repeating in my head ever since my family had arrived here, and I never even bothered to properly think about it.

"Did you like that? You seem a bit nervous." He laughs, teasing me as usual.

"Whatever, Aonung. Are we gonna catch that fish or what?" I squint my eyes as I point towards the school of fish swiftly gliding past us in the water, and he lowers my bow.

"What did I say, y/n?" He furrows his non existent brows at me.

"You're no fun. I hope you know that." I yell behind me as I push the bow in his arms and stomp off.

"You better be on your best behaviour." My father says, getting ready for our meal with Aonung's family.

"Why are you only looking at me?" Lo'ak asks, surprisingly shocked.

"Are you being serious?" Kiri laughs at Lo'ak, nudging past him as she hops outside of the pod. The rest of us follow.

"The Sully's." Tonowari begins. "Welcome." He smiles at us, motioning to come inside. I step in to see Aonung bored as ever glaring at me with his bright ocean eyes.
The awkward part was, I didn't know where to go or what to do. So I just wait for my parents to sit down somewhere of eventually tell me to do something.

"Go sit down with Aoung." Neytiri whispers as she walks past me. I didn't have the patience to correct her again.

I slowly walk over besides Aonung, awkwardly smiling at him. I shuffle around as I try not to touch him or make him feel uncomfortable.

Everyone settles down in their places, and Ronal clears her throat. Her eyes shift to me.
"What are your intentions with my son?" She asks me curiously. Thank Eywa she didn't look mad.

"I'm sorry..but y/n has no intentions with that boy." My father looks at her sternly.

Ronal sarcastically looks at us in disbelief. "What about the kiss then? Was that just for the fun of it?" She asks.

It goes silent. Suddenly, everyone's eyes are on us. "Kiss...?" My father looks at me. His face was blank.

This was awkward...

"I have so much I want to ask you y/n." Kiri says awkwardly, Lo'ak slowly nodding as he avoids eye contact with me.

What do I do!? I had to think of a way to distract everyone.

"Uh.." I smile at them all. "This meal is amazing!" I chuckle.

"Has y/n not mentioned anything?" Ronal says, slowly chewing on her food. She continues "Let us change the topic. You can discuss this when you all get home." She says.

And for the next few however long we were there, I was zoned out thinking of countless excuses and arguments I could use to defend myself, but I was hopeless.

I feel Aonung grab my arm and squeeze it. I turn to face him discreetly, as he looks at me with a look that reassured me not to worry. I nod back at him, keeping my head down as the butterflies in my stomach grew. At this point they weren't even butterflies, It felt like someone aggressively scratching and tying knots in my stomach to the point I fell ill.

"I think we should get going. Thank you, for tonight." Jake nods, as he hesitantly grabs only my arm and pulls me out before anyone else could even manage to say anything.

"I don't think you understand how angry I am with you right now, y/n." He says, the grip on my arm tightening. He glared at me longly.

"Kissing a boy that has bullied your siblings? You should be ashamed." He quietly yells at me. But looking at his eyes, I could tell that that wasn't the only reason as to why he was so upset.

"Is that..it?" I ask him, hesitantly as I wait for his response.

Suddenly, his gaze grew softer and he released the grasp on my arm. "Princess,you've already had your first kiss. You're growing too quick, and before I know it you're going to have your own family with your own lover. And we won't matter anymore."

After hearing my father say that, my heart dropped. I could feel my eyes grow glossy and I didn't even know what to say.
"Dad, I love you." Was all I could say at the time, before I pulled him into a big hug.

a/n: hey guyssss!!! update on my arm, i can barely type but I couldn't leave you waiting 😭😭 hope you enjoyed this chapter 💓💓
luv ya xox