[7]

„Can you give me the pepper?"
A tired Canadian handed you the Sprinkler while munching on his scrambled eggs, seemingly in deep thoughts.

„Canada it's fine,it's not that bad" You said, having to choke down a laugh while Canadas face began to get red, clearly embarrassed.

You had both woken up because of a loud thud coming from Canadas room ,and when he had frantically tried telling you that he definitely didn't fall from his bed, you just couldn't contain your laughter.

Canada seemed so embarrassed of himself the whole morning you just had to chuckle every now and then, much to Canadas dismay.

„Hey Canada did your brother tell you when he'd come here?" you asked, swallowing your food. He thought for a bit before answering
„He hasn't, but I think he'll come somewhere around noon, maybe afternoon"
You nodded in response. When Canada once again spoke.
„Would you like to maybe," he hesitated but continued „go into the forest today? Maybe catch some fish in the nearby lake? It must be really boring staying in here all day.." he finished.

Fishing..? Whoa.. I haven't been fishing in a long time. But...

You smiled

It would be amazing to go fishing again

„Of course I'd like to go! You know, I used to go fishing with-" you cut yourself off before continuing, a little quieter than before „ -you know..my dad..." A sad smile formed on your lips. A few moments of silence filled the room before Canada nodded, understandingly.

.
.
.

After the dishes were clean and you had both packed what you needed, you started your little journey into the woods.

Canada said he knew a spot so you were now just walking alongside his much taller figure , chatting about all the fish you could catch.

The trail you were now taking was not the one you had used to get to the house. This one was on the backside of the cabin. It was small but enough to fit 2 people.

Right before you had left Canada put Americas, now dry and clean, shirt on the couch so he would find it in case he came to the house earlier than expected, what Canada hoped would happen so they wouldn't run into him by accident.

„I catched lots of fish before, like trouts, pikes,Blue gills, and many more. I can't even name them all" He responded to a question you asked him, laughing at the last part.

„Whoa! That's so cool!" You said amazed, „I've only ever catched trouts and Bass's. I have managed to catch a salmon before! But mostly with the help of my Dad" You chuckled.

The leaves were crunching under your shoes, but the ground got a bit softer as you walked deeper into the forest. You had now been walking for about 15 minutes but it had felt like much less. Time flew by quickly when Canada was around and you enjoyed his presence. Every second of it.

Canada pointed straight and announced that the lake would be behind a line of trees just little ahead of you, and after you had walked some more you had reached the lake he'd been talking about.

Rocks lined along the edges of the lake, perfect spots to sit and fish. It was beautiful, blue Cristal clear water shimmered in the sun that was coming through the tree crowns. You couldn't exactly see out too far though. Canada set down the beige duffel bag he brought along and pulled out two rods, handing one to you. The feeling of finally being able to do hold something familiar was overwhelming and you were feeling really excited to see what you'd catch. You were familiar with the equipment so you were done fairly quickly setting it up to which Canada complimented your skills.