[11]

The scowl on Canadas face grew as he loaded another piece of luggage into his car. You rubbed your sweaty hands together, cringing at how they felt. After you and Canada had gotten back home the day prior he was really dense and seemed to constantly be lost in thought. And now, the day after, not many words were spoken. But to be honest, you didn't even know what to say. But then after a long silence Canada harshly outed his opinion.
"Couldn't they have waited a few more days..? Why do you need to go right now?!" He tightened his fingers until they formed a fist, wanting to relieve his stress somehow but not wanting to damage anything. His gaze was locked on to the suitcase that lay before him and his fist loosened as he took a deep breath to calm down.

You were surprised, but understanding. You didn't want to leave either. But that Canada was so upset about it only showed how much it affected him.
"I don't want to leave," You sighed, continuing now a little louder "but maybe it's for the best..?" Canada immediately turned around a look of shock on his face.
"For the best?(Y/N) if you go back I- we-" he couldn't even continue his sentence and just groaned in frustration, turning his gaze away from you. Whatever he was gonna say, you knew he would have been right.

The last piece of you luggage had been loaded into his truck. This meant that you would be off to Germanys house in no time.

You sighed at the realization, ready to open the car door and sit down.
"Hold on" Canada echoed as he quickly jumped up and ran back to the cabin disappearing inside for a few moments, before appearing again holding something in his hand, but quickly shoving it in his pocket before standing next to the car once again. "Alright, we can go now"
You were weirded out a little, shrugged it off tho and entered the vehicle.

He started the car and you watched through the side mirror how the cabin disappeared behind you. Soon after the fields, with the forest that appeared as a tiny speck of green, zoomed past you again and soon you were on the highway, with Canada making sure he didn't cross the speed limit.

"Do you think you can visit me?"
"I hope so!" The country remarked as you fidgeted with your fingers.

Japan seemed nice enough when you met her, but Germany? He immediately left the meeting and didn't seem too pleased with the new 'work' he had been given. And now you were staying with him too! You sighed, resting one hand on your chest in an attempt at slowing your abnormally fast heart from racing.

Canada looked over to you, sensing your worry.
"I saw you talking to Japan yesterday..." your gaze met his soft one as he smiled sweetly at you, occasionally looking at the road.
"She's really nice, isn't she?"

You thought for a while before delivering your answer.
"Well, she seemed very happy to meet me...I suppose she is." ...
"Do you know anything about Germany?" You blurted it out without a second thought, genuinely curious if he did. Canada, not surprised by this question at all seemed like he prepared an answer.
"Not much... he often speaks up during meetings and brings in his own ideas. He's really smart you know, that's why you'll go to his house. I've only spoken to him a couple of times so I'm not sure how he's like... but I bet it won't be as bad as you think!"

Relieved from that statement your body slumped deeper into the car seat.

.
.

Most of the two and a half hour car ride was over and you were now nearing civilisations, big buildings peeked up above the horizon, some smaller, some bigger. You talked with Canada and even though you were growing quite nervous by the minute he made you laugh quite often.
"And remember that one time we tried to walk home late at night and you got so scared you wanted me to check behind every tree!?" Canada laughed as you punched his arm, a red hue covering your embarrassed face.
"Oh shut up! You got scared too and threw a knife at a tree stump because you thought it was a person crouching!"
"HEY!" He playfully retorted still laughing.
"Wait! But do you remember how I caught my first pike!?" He threw his head back as a loud laugh left his lips.
"You were so excited! Honestly, it was the first time I saw someone get so happy over catching a fish! You looked fabulous tho...and cute.." he quietly confessed the last part so you couldn't hear.