[13]

The fog hung heavy and misty in the air, only the finest lines of sun shining through the curtain of grey mist. Everything was silent, too silent almost. Not even the birds dared to sing their usual morning lullaby's. Even the animals seemed to notice something dark has happened. Something that would soon disturb the silence in the small part of town many Countrys housed in.

No one even noticed anything was wrong. No one could know.
And only when angry shouting hollowed through the early morning was it clear what happened.

„What the Fuck do you mean she's gone?!" A visibly worried and frustrated voice shouted, breaking the silence once and for all.

A frantic voice tried to explain before getting shut down again.
„She didn't come down for breakfast this morning and when we went too check on her–" The person didn't even let him finish his sentence before speaking up again, angrily going his hand through his hair. „Well go on? Then what?!"

There was a short pause between the two people, both exhaling sharply, one worried and stressed, the other frustrated and scared.

„She was gone, and the window was wide open..." he paused hoping the mad expression on the others face would disappear. „America please believe me she just disappeared!" he practically begged the taller country as if that would make the worry fade away.

America replied harsh and serious, doing his very best at hiding his trembling voice. „Germany, I want you to go into her room and search for any clues. Now!"
He demanded, the other country immediately nodding and walking up the marble stairs, disappearing into the right hallway quickly.

There were so many thoughts running through Americas head, so many things to worry about.

How did she just disappear? Did she run away? Was there something every one of them overlooked? Did they not notice an important detail?

He sunk into himself at the next thought,

how was he going to tell Canada?

How was he supposed to tell him that the girl he grew to adore was suddenly gone, missing, god knows where?

His inside pull tight as panic seizes his lungs. He knew he couldn't hide it forever, he would have to tell him eventually and his brother would hopefully take it well.
Well enough to not go berserk.

He groaned as he rubbed his temples before suddenly being pulled out of his thoughts by Germany rushing past him and to the elevator that would take him to the lab. Confused he rushed after him.

Once in the lab Germany immediately went over to some lab kits, rummaging through them before his eyes landed on one specific one which he picked up and rushed back past America again, completely ignoring him and going up to the top floor.

After finally catching up with Germany he spoke.
„What are you doing?" he asked before receiving a puzzling answer.
„Blood!" Germany exclaimed as he hurried back up the marble stairs, only now with America following him. „W–what do you mean, speak in proper words for hells sake" he coughed from running up the stairs so fast.

Germany disappeared into a room, kit in hand. America followed.
„I found blood!" Germany repeated, now making much more sense than before.
He rushed over to where America could now see specks of blood all over the floor. Suddenly panic flooded him as his heart pounded against his ribs.

He stood there frozen, every noise being blocked out as he spotted a specific object laying in a small pool of blood. For a second America thought his eyes might be playing tricks on him but as he rubbed them and it didn't disappear he knew it was real.