Who's in my Home?

Corey- Chapter 6

I arrive home and there is an old V.W parked on my driveway. It's blocking the bay where I usually park my car. The run-down thing is an eyesore, and I wonder who the hell I know that would drive this thing.

I get out of my car and get irritated as I walk over to investigate it because if someone's pretending that their lost again so they can snoop, I won't be happy. I've had enough of people invading my fucking privacy.

When I get closer to the car, I bend to look through the clear windows. There is a purse on the front seat and something that looks like lipstick in the dashboard compartment. There is also a black bag on the grey back seat.

Looking at them, a fleeting thought runs through my head of how unsafe it is for the owner to leave valuables on display like this. Even in this neighborhood that's filled with wealthy people, I would seriously advise against it, but clearly, this person doesn't think safety is a priority.

Inspecting the outside of the car, there are scratches on the red paint. The rims are a tad rusty and the dent in the rear bumper, makes the car look... beat up. With no clue who it belongs to, I head inside to find out. My car will have to stay where it is till the morning.

***

I'm never home this early and I'm surprised by the delicious smell lingering through my home. That's when I remember there is a new house manager starting today. The car outside must be hers; my assumption is based on the contents in it.

I head towards the kitchen in search of my new employee, and as I get closer, the delightful smell makes my stomach rumble. I didn't realize I was hungry.

When I get to the kitchen, I stop in my tracks. What's happening in front of me is certainly not what I'm expecting to see. A young woman is at the cooker with her back turned to me. Her hair is bundled up at top of her head and some curly strands have escaped; they're dangling down the base of her neck.

She's dancing like a maniac while stirring wildly at whatever is in front of her. Really going for it, she throws her ass in a circle as she belts out inaudible words. She's a horrible singer, but the show she's putting on is quite entertaining, so I watch her do her thing for the moment.

She doesn't notice that I'm in the room, and I don't want to scare her if she suddenly turns and see me, so I clear my throat but she doesn't hear me.

"Excuse me!" I say raising my voice a little but she doesn't turn around.

Stepping around the island and a little closer to her, I notice that she has ear buds in, that explains why she can't hear me.

I cautiously take another step then touch her shoulder, and when I do, sparks of electric travels up my arm from the contact as the girl screams and grabs the paring knife near her.

She turns to face me with the knife held out, and I can't stop the shit eating grin from spreading across my face when I see her face. My evening just got better and a lot interesting because here standing in my kitchen is Lee.

Alarmed, she shrieks, "what the heck!" and the paring knife falls from her hand. My quick reaction keeps my toes in tack.

I bend to pick up the knife, and on my way up, I toss it in the sink. We are level again, and by level, I mean when I bend to look at her, her face changes from alarm to realization.

"I didn't mean to scare you. Are you okay?" I ask through my grin.

"Wha ...what are you doing here?" she stumbles. It seems as if I'm the last person she's expecting to see.