Dinner

Corey- Chapter 8

My team approached Mack's six weeks ago around the time Liaison started working for me again. Tonight, I have a business dinner with him at my house because he has something that I want and he's making it difficult for me to obtain it. I just managed to talk him into selling me his building and tonight he'll be signing it over to me. I don't normally take meetings at my home but I have big plans for that place, and after six weeks of negotiating, I want to get the ball rolling, hence dinner.

I text Liaison to inform and to let her know to cancel whatever plans she has for this evening.

Liaison: Do you have anything particular in mind?

You- you are always on my mind. Ever since I saw you sitting outside my office, I can't get you out of my Goddamn head. Is what I really want to say.

Me: Something that may wow him

Her text comes back almost instantly

Liaison: Ok, you know this is short notice. What time is the dinner for?

Me: Around seven

Over the last six weeks we've become more relaxed around each other. Where she was once wary and closed off, she's now open and honest.

Liaison: I better get a move on, see you later xox

It does some-things to me when she says things like that even if it doesn't mean anything coming from her end.

I like waking up in the mornings knowing that she's there and I look forwards to the evenings when I get to have dinner with her. Whether she realizes or not, I'm slowly dancing around her. It's why I force her to have breakfasts and dinners with me.

Why I insisted that she move in at once. Why I'm offering to take care of her tuition fees and why I call her for pointless things throughout the day.

I want her to get use to me. Cling to me if I could have it my way so that when I'm ready to take her, it won't come as a shock that I want everything from her, and in turn, she can have everything from me.

Me: See you then

The clock on the wall tells me it's only a few more hours before I get to see her and I begin to count the seconds down. I can honestly say that I've never felt like this before. Sure, I've dated a lot of women and fucked more than I can count but none of them as ever pulled me in like the way Liaison does. Not even Beth when she and I were dating and emotionally attached, not one ounce, and the funny thing is Liaison doesn't know.

"Mr. Parker, the meeting is ready and everyone's waiting for you in conference room two." Wendy, my personal assistant informs me.

Hearing that, I scrub my hands down my face then I grab the portfolios and blueprints for the Multiplex on Parking Street. It's going to be a long afternoon.

***

Later that day, I walk in the foyer and throw my keys on the coffee table then I toss my jacket on the leather sofa. I'm heading towards the kitchen because that's where I always find Liaison but a set of familiar bags catches my eye and they make me wonder why the hell Beth's here. We haven't been in contact since the ball and she knows better than to just... pop up.

I hear her before I see her. It sounds like she's giving instructions to someone. The way she's speaking to the person is belittling and I pray to God that she's on the phone and not with my house manager.