Meeting

Corey  Chapter- 24

"I'm fine," is what I keep telling my mother. She's being dramatic and is exaggerating how badly I look.

"You're too proud to let me know if you weren't ok. You've always been like this. You're my son, and I want to make sure everything is alright before I leave. Did John look you over?"

If she knew that he didn't, she won't leave until she saw for herself that he did, and I don't have time for that. Prying my face out of the grip that she has on my cheeks, I answer, "yes!"

Honestly with just a touch mom can make me feel like I'm ten years old again. I love how caring she is. It's just a little maddening having her doting over me like this. I look away from her and see dad coming back in the room holding his phone.

"I've organized a statement to be released this afternoon. I also have my top lawyer dealing with things because if that punk thinks he's going to sue for assault, he's got another thing coming."

I love that my dad is supporting, but he doesn't have to do it, I can handle my business.

"Dad you don't have to do that."

"I know, but I want to. Besides, it's best to nip these kinds of things in the bud quickly."

Even as a grown man, my dad never fails to have my back and I will always love him for it.

"Where is the famous coffee maker?" Mom asks for the tenth time.

She won't drop the subject about Liaison's coffee. I don't know why either because my parents aren't coffee drinkers, they prefer tea over it, but mom started to pester me after I went home one Sunday with a smile on my face, they asked what it was over, and I told them about the damn coffee and since then, they haven't dropped the subject on it. They want to talk about it every time they're around.

I get ready to tell my mother to drop the subject again but I feel Liaison before I see her and I paused mid reach forgetting the apple that I'm about to pick from the fruit bowl. As soon as she walks in the room, her beauty stuns me. Dressed casually in yoga pants and one of my white shirts, she walks across the room and my parents and I stop to focus on her.

She has no make-up on and her hair is tumbling down around her. I love how it springs and bounces as she moves. I have the intense need to draw my fingers through it. Her shaggy fringe is too long. It almost blinding. When she looks from me to my parents, she blinks then bats the hair off her face. I find the movement sexy and my member stirs awake.

"Anyone for coffee?" she asks speaking to my parents. "I have some in the pot, just tell me how you like it, and I'll make it for you." She rests her hands on the countertop and I see that she removed the splint.

"I'll be right back." I declare leaving the kitchen.

Heading upstairs, I take them two at a time. As soon as I find what I'm looking for in my bathroom next to the sink, I head back down. When I walk back in the kitchen, Liaison and Mom are chatting away. It's floating around the room with the rich scent of coffee. Dad is in his usuals chair holding his favorite mug, sipping, as he listens. They're getting along so well and I didn't have to introduce them. Perfect!

I go over to Liaison and take her wrist to gently put the splint back on. "This stays on."

She smiles knowing and I get lost in the moment gazing at her beauty, and forgetting that my parents are in the room, I lean towards her with the intention to kiss but mom immediately clears her throat.