We interrupt this programme

HI guys. Long time no see (Sorry about that). I hope you enjoy it.

Murphy POV:

We are in a city that I cannot even be bothered to learn the name off. It looks like your standard American town, but you know, zombiefied. I'm walking behind the rest of the group with a sleeping Tilly in my arms with her bag on her back. I don't mind cause she didn't get a lot of sleep last night but damn she is heavy after an hour. We walk onto the main road listening to 'Kaya-in-the-Sky-A' trying to get someone to respond. Sarge thankfully turns her radio off.

"Kaya sounds like she's in real trouble. I wish we could do something." Doc says to Warren. Yeah but we can't. Got bigger things to worry about.

"We got to find a way to boost our radio signal so we can contact her." Warren replies quite loudly, causing Tilly to stur. I swear if they wake her up I will murder them.

"Look, she can't help us. We can't help her. Say we call it even. Also, if any of you wake her up, I will turn you all into Z's. This is the longest she has slept for almost two days." I whisper to them while rocking Tilly a little, earning disaproving looks. What? It is not as if we can send gunfire all the way to the North freaking pole.

"A TV or radio station could give us the signal boost we need." Sarge says, again in quite a loud voice.

"What we need is a vehicle." 10K says walking round a car. I follow him until he suddenly stops and looks down to a sheet of metal. "Where did this come from? Chopper crash?" He asks as if we are meant to be able to answer him. We walk around the car more and follow a trail of broken helicopter pieces. I decide to make a little joke and carefully lift my hand to the side of my head.

"A disabled vehivle on US-41 has traffic moving slower than a clogged artery in a diseased heart. And I-41 is blocked by a horde of Zombies. Film at 11:00." I say in a hushed town like a news presenter would. Warren, 10K and Sarge just continue walking while Doc comes up and pats me on the shoulder.

"You sound pretty good there, Murphy." He says in his usual cheerful tone, but quietly of course.

"Yeah, right? You know, I could've done traffic or been a news anchor, if i'd only applied myself." I say to him before putting my hand back in the same position. "Stay tuned for traffic on the nines. Back to you Susie and Ken." I say too loudly. I feel Tilly move in my arms and her eyes slowly open. Doc creeps off sarcasticly clapping, leaving me with my pissed off three year old. "Hey baby. That was a quick nap huh?"

"You being too loud daddy." She says with a pouty face. Ok, she is cute when she is mad.

"Oh I am so sorry baby. Why don't you try and get more sleep?" I say/beg her. She keeps sleeping in like 30 minute intervals meaning I keep sleeping in 30 minute intervals when not on watch meaning we are both really tired and touchy.

"No." She pouts even more and turns her body so she can see where we are walking. Great. We catch up with the others to see Warren has stopped.

"That oughta boost our signal." She says. We all look to see huge satelite dishes. Yeah, if they don't work literally nothing else will.

We all walk towards the building that looks like it used to be a New's station. Walking up to the doors, we see they have been blocked by chairs and desks and stuff like that meaning we have zero chance of getting in.

"Barricaded from the inside. Got to love their optimism." Doc says. Yeah. Optimism. I remember when I used to have that.

"Locked in for eight years. This is gonna be like opening up a tomb." Warren says still looking through the door.