Mt Weather

Hi everyone. We are nearly at the end of the season so I hope you are enjoying reading this as much as I am writing it.

Murphy Pov:

We are all walking through the woods heading towards somewhere called Mt.Weather. For once, we actually know why we are going there. We need a finger from the president so I hope he is in there. Tilly is holding my hand as we approach what looks like out destination. We walk past a Z caught under a fence which makes Tilly shuffle closer to me.

"It's ok baby. It's stuck. It ain't gonna get us." I reassure her. She nods her head but doesn't move away.

"Here we are. Mount Weather. If Kaya's right, the President is still here." Warren says. Yeah hopefully otherwise this entire journey will have been for nothing. Doc slows down as he passes the fence and looks at the sign.

"Trespassers will be shot." He reads. Oh, what a lovely welcome.

"Isn't what's left of the US governement in Newmerica by now?" I ask. It is meant to be a safe haven so I don't see why it wouldn't be there.

"Mount Weather's a continuity of government site. So this'll be the last place they evacuate." Warren explains. Still doesn't make any sense though.

"We were still getting orders out of here. Back when we were still getting orders." Sarge says. Well that gives some hope.

"Continuity of government. Don't you love it? During a nuclear war, the entire US government gets relocated to a secure underground facility. The rest of us, get blown to smithereens." Doc says preaching the truth.

"Great idea for a nuclear holocaust. For a zombie apocalypse, not so much." I say looking at the Zombie.

"Well, we're close. Keep your eyes open for anything living." Warren says as we continue walking.

"Like bunnies?" Tilly asks her. Warren turns to face her with a smile on her face.

"Yes. Exactly like bunnies. You are on bunny look out Tilly" She tells her as she carries on walking.

"Daddy, did you hear? I'm looking for bunnies!" She says excitedly while pulling on my hand. I'm about to repsond when Sarge shoots the poor sucker under the fence making Tilly jump into my leg. I give her a 'really?' look as I rub Tilly's hair. The gunshot made her jump a couple feet into the air.

"Yeah baby. If you see any bunnies you tell us ok?" I ask her. She nods her head then looks at the floor around her as we follow the others.

"There it is." Warren says as we pass a sign for the base or whatever it is called. "We can get to the door this way." She says.

"Looks like we got vehicles up ahead." 10K says making us all get a little tense. Well, all except Tilly who isn't really paying attention cause of her bunny hunt.

"This must be the motorcase Citizen Z saw from the satelite." Warren says as we get closer. The doors are all wide open and there two more secret service cars

"Looks like the President couldn't make it inside." Doc says looking at the massive stone door.

"Big ass doors don't do much good if you're on the wrong side of them." I say looking at the car.

Warren signals for 10K and Sarge to go towards the car. The take a side each and walk around the car, looking in through the windows.

"Clear." Sarge calls as they check the first car. We all move forward as they go to check the next one. "Clear." She calls again as they check the second one. Moving towards the last one, I start to get a bad feeling making me pull Tilly slightly closer to me.