Return to Mercy Labs

THIS IS GONNA BE ANOTHER MURPHY POV CAUSE I THINK I AM BETTER AT THEM. ENJOY.

Murphy POV:

After the whole Barbor Shop incident, we carried on walking Warren's mystery path to our mystery destination. Right now, we are walking through a dry ass field. It kinda looks familiar but I guess we have just walked through so many at this point.

Walking with Tilly is difficult cause she keeps stopping every five steps to look at something. Don't get me wrong, I love how curious she is but after the first five times, it gets old. At least I got Doc to talk to and help me. We've got Tilly holding our hands between us which seems to keep her from stopping.

"Hey Warren!" I yell to Warren who is leading us with the lovebirds close behind her. "We've been walking south for two weeks now! Any idea where we're going yet!" I ask her. This walking to nowhere shit is getting old.

"Not since you got Tilly to ask me an hour ago!" She yells back causing Tilly to giggle. Oh yeah, I forgot I did that. I had already asked her like three times today so I sent Tilly to see if she could get an actual answer. She didn't.

"Give it a rest, Murphy. You can't rush these things." Doc says to me.

"It seems like we're going a hell of a long way based on two words, Black Rainbow, whatever that is. It sounds like some kind of acid from the '60s." I tell him annoyed that we still don't know. I would like to know what I am walking my three year old into. Not too much to ask.

"Yeah, well I definitely would've done a few tabs of that back in the day. Apocalyptic trippin'. Hell ya." Doc says in his usual cheerful voice. "Someting tells me Warren's Black Rainbow ain't the same thing." He finishes.

"No shit." I say. I feel Tilly's hand slip out of mine and turn around with Doc doing the same thing. She is squating next to what looks like a Grasshopper and looking at it with her eyes full of curiosity. The Grasshopper starts bouncing away which Tilly copies. While she is very cute, we are already behind the others. I go over and grab her by her sides and start tickling her as we carry on walking. "What do you think you're doing? Huh? Huh? Were you gonna try and run away to become a little tiny grasshopper?" I ask her playfully while continuing my attack.

"No! No! Daddy! Stop!" She shrieks while still laughing. "Doc! Save me!" She begs. She manages to jump into his arms and sticks her little tongue out at me. I do the same thing to her and continue trying to tickle her feet.

"What do you think those two have to talk about?" Doc asks looking at 10K and Sarge. Tilly and I look at them too and see they are engorssed in conversation.

"I dunno. Arithmetic and killing?" I say seriously causing Doc to send me an unaproving look. "Well, I mean, what else are they gonna talk about? Politics and movies?" I ask him. Damn, kinda makes me feel bad for them.

"Poor kids got screwed. No TV. No internet. No rock n' roll." Doc says. One popped into my head but I can't say it due to my toddler listening in.

"Makes me think about everything she is gonna miss out on. School, friends her own age, even ice cream." I say sadly. I can feel my eyes getting a little misty at just thinking how my baby is gonna grow up. She looks at me and seems to notice my sad expression. She puts her arms out and I pick her into my arms. She kisses my cheek and cuddles me which makes me feel a little better.

"She don't need any of that stuff. We can make sure she is given a decent childhood. Besides, when we go to New Merica, that stuff will all be there." Doc says smiling at Tilly. Yeah, I'm not gonna get my hopes up on that one. We follow Warren to the top of a small hill and look at the view.