𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

chapter four

chapter four . furniture moving

"So , I like Adonis ." Elizabeth told Maisie , her arms crossed against her chest . She had woken up the brunette from the sleeping group in the living room , telling her she needed to have a 'chat' with her .

"Oh ." Was all the daughter of Taylor Swift managed to say . She awkwardly looked down at her hands . "That's a hard thing to put on a person ."

"Why's that ?" Elizabeth feigned innocence , looking at her sympathetically . "Don't tell me you've been catching feelings ? I'd be heartbroken ."

"Um ." Maisie messed with her hands , trying to find the proper words to say . "No , I don't wanna start anything ."

"Well thanks . I'm glad ." She smiled , "I wouldn't wanna let a guy get in between us ."

"Yeah ." Maisie mumbled , avoiding the eyes of the princess . "Is there anything else ? Or . . ."

"That's all , I'll see you soon Ms. Swiftie ." Elizabeth told her with a royal smile before she turned and walked towards the door .

Maisie watched her go , letting her smile drop as a frown formed on her face . She stressfully ran her hands through her hair .

"Mornin' MaeMae ." Hunter walked onto the porch , leaning onto the railing . He held a cup of coffee in his hand , and offered her a sip .

Maisie gratefully took it and put a smile back on her face . "Thanks , Hunt ." She looked out at the sunrise , "You usually sleep in , what's up ?"

"Not used to sleeping on the floor ." He laughed it off . "Wanna go get some doughnuts for the group with me ?"

"Sure ." She smiled , "Can I drive ?"

"Hell no . You're a horrible driver ." Hunter held his keys away from her grasp while he led her to his car .

"Ouch , I'm offended ."

— — —

"You stepped on my foot !" Wade yelled , pointing dramatically at Elizabeth .

"Well maybe if you didn't have such big feet-" Elizabeth began .

"Hey ! You know what they say about big feet ." He argued back , a smirk growing on his face .

"You're disgusting ." She grumbled , kicking his foot as she stormed past him back to her spot .

"Hey , where's Maisie ?" Adonis asked , noticing the empty spot next to him .