𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫

chapter six

chapter six . cats and dates

Maisie stood out on the porch, watching the sunrise. She held a cup of coffee in her hand as she leaned against the railing. Her eyes watched the sunset, not noticing when Adonis jogged up to the house.

"You're up early." He commented, standing in front of the stairs of the porch.

"I just woke up ." She shrugged, "What are you doing out here?"

"I was just out on a run, you know, gotta maintain that perfect model look." Adonis told her, joining her up up on the porch. He leaned against the porch, his arms crossed on the railing.

"I think you're perfect the way you are." Maisie told him with a small frown. She looked over at him. "You don't believe that?"

"No." He laughed. "It's my job to look this way. People won't hire me if I look any different."

"Bullshit." She told him firmly. "I think you're perfect the way you are, all those companies can go fuck themselves."

Adonis shrugged, "Maisie, it's okay. I'm making bank and that's all that matters." The daughter of Taylor Swift opened her mouth to argue with him but he shot her a pleading look and she sighed. "But you usually sleep in, what's up with that?"

"Zinnia called her boyfriend at like four in the morning, I couldn't sleep after that." She laughed, trying to ignore the pang of jealousy of her friend in a healthy relationship.

"They're adorable." Adonis told her.

"Yeah." Maisie nodded her head. "I wish someone would love me the way he loves her." She admitted, looking back at the sunrise.

Adonis was rendered speechless, he loved her that way. He chose his next words carefully. "Maisie, I think it would be easy to fall in love with you."

She turned, looking at him. Maisie felt a small blush form on her cheeks and she gave him a sheepish smile. "Thanks."

Adonis felt his own face turning pink and he immediately nodded, almost regretting his words. "Bye." He told her quickly, racing into the house before she could respond.

Maisie turned back towards the sunset, a beaming smile on her face. She raised a hand to her cheek and felt how hot her face was. "Oh my god." She whispered to herself. "I'm so into him."

— — —

The doorbell rang before anyone was really up. Hunter opened the door. "Sup- oh!" His eyes widened his shock when he saw Chris, Zinnia's boyfriend, at the door. He held onto a bouquet of flowers. "Is Zin here?" He asked, peeking past Hunter.