Kim Jinhwan (Romance)

/edited for good/

Good morning babe. Wake up or we'll be late.

You texted Jinhwan as soon as you woke up. You rose out of bed and prepared for school. You wore a pair of ripped jeans, a plain white tank top and white kicks. You put your hair to a messy bun and smacked your lips to even the red tint. Today is your first anniversary and not greeting him first is your purpose to see whether he remembered or not. You told him not to celebrate your monthsaries that much because you don't want your relationship to last for just a couple of months too. But like the stubborn kid he is, he still greets you everytime so you're sure that he'll remember what event there is today.

You waited patiently though anyone who sees can tell that you badly want to Jinhwan as soon as possible. You didn't forget to put the bracelet that you would give him as a present inside your bag. You turned around in front of the mirror to check yourself.

"Perfect." Everything's all good. Now all that's left is for Jinhwan to arrive.

You snatched your handbag and ran out of the house as soon as you received his text saying he's already there. You opened the door and his back view greeted you. You felt so happy to be seeing him again but of course you aren't to show it.

"Who told you to wear ripped jeans too?" You locked his head in your arms as a punishment.

"Hey, let go or you're dead!" He tried acting tough but that wouldn't stop you.

"Well, on second thought, going to school on couple jeans is not that bad. We're a couple anyway." You decided to let go and instead of getting back on you harshly, he held you hand tight as you walked your way to the bus stop.

"By the way why do you look a little dressed today? What's up?"

"Are you serious?" You chuckled at him and he just shrugged.

No way. He will remember. You thought.

"You tell me. What's up?" You waited for his answer but he just stared at you, obviously clueless. "I'm not joking."

"Why are you being scary all of a sudden?"

"Jinhwan."

"Okay. Uhm... Tuesday?" He raised an eyebrow.

You sighed, helpless.

"Yeah." You were disappointed but you tried to understand. "It's Tuesday." He could forget it too.

You stand in defeat. Maybe he didn't remember but today is still a memorable day. You don't want to spoil your mood by getting mad at him. Plus, there are various reasons for him to forget. One is studies. He must be preoccupied these days because it's nearly midterm exams. Another is exhaustion. He's the vice president of the dance club and he's receiving lots of stress from that organization.

He's indeed busy and you understand. It's just not so him to forget your day.

***

"Ohhhhh." Chanwoo teased as soon as you arrived. "Campus couple wearing couple jeans." He cheered with the gang.

"Cut it." Jinhwan jokingly spanked them each.

Jinhwan went to his seat at the last row beside Hanbin and you at the second row beside Hayi.

"It's your anniversary right? Congrats." Hayi greeted you.

"How'd you know?"

"Why wouldn't I? Do you know how much Jinhwan bothered me just to get close to you?"