Stars II (Hanbin)

/edited for good/

The next day, your feet barely walked you to the cafe. Knowing that it's summer vacation means you're abandoning school and more time at home and work.

"Miss? I said one order of cappuccino and two iced americanos."

"Oh! Sorry, ma'am." You took her order after blanking out for a while. "Here's your receipt. Please wait for 5 minutes."

"Thank you."

You look at the clock strike 10:48am before letting out a deep sigh. Time sure is ticking slow.

"Hey, you okay?" Taehyun spoke from the counter beside you. It's not that hectic with only few customers coming so you two have time to talk.

"Me? O-Of course. Just didn't get enough sleep." You yawned. Well, who can sleep when all articles you see online are about this damn rumor Hanbin's involved in?

Rumors are officially put up but YGE and both parties still remained silent regarding this matter. It will be more easy for you if they just speak up and tell the truth about it. Obviously, they are dating and by admitting that officially, you can also officially start the moving on process. It's better than keeping you and their fans hanging and hoping. On second thought, moving on shouldn't depend on their confirmation because either way, you need to abandon your feelings for the sake of your friendship.

It's half past 11, half an hour before Hanbin comes. You finally set your mind to see him but now it feels like you need a day or more to put yourself together so you could start a proper conversation with him.

The clock strike 12 in no time. Your morning shift ends and afternoon shift will start later at 3 until 5. You sat at the cornermost table, with the usual food you both eat. You internally hope he doesn't come.

"Ya!" But he came, hitting your shoulder.

"Hey

"Hey." It's still the same face you have in your mind, the only thing that changed is his brown hair because he dyed it back to black, your most favorite color on him. "You changed your hair."

"Yeah because you prefer this color on me. Why were you absent yesterday? Are you sick? Are you okay now?" He put his hand on your head and neck to check your temperature, you pulled away from his touch.

"I-I had fever... But I'm okay now."

"You don't look okay though." He scanned your face. "Why didn't you text me or call me? I should've dropped by."

"I was sick so I rested. Good thing you didn't come, I could have infected you."

"You have a point. Anyway," Hanbin started talking about his project and future work on YG. It's nice that he sounds like he's enjoying it, or maybe because he's inspired. Well, whether he is or not, you can't help but be so reactionless because your personal issues are currently bothering you. "I think there's something you're not telling me." He changed the topic abruptly after sensing your mood, with all seriousness, killing the atmosphere.

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Well, maybe like, are you in love? Or are you, being looked after by someone?" He wants to know about what he saw last night but you don't even have any idea that he saw it so you can just stare at him in return

"Uh,"

"So you are in love." His voice with disappointment. "With whom?" But instead of answering, you returned his question.

"How about you, Hanbin? Are you in love? Or are you dating?"

"I asked you first." He raised his eyebrows in an unmean but rather interrogating manner. He even had this sly smile.

You still didn't answer. You just focused your gaze on the table that separates you. He managed to talk first.

"Okay, I am in love." It was the answer you expected but hearing it directly from him feels different. "She's very naive and down to earth. She gives me enough motivation to go to YG everyday and she ma-"

"Okay, Hanbin." You shut him off before Lee Hi's name comes out from his own mouth. You never thought it would hurt that much to hear him praise her like that.

This is not your star. This star only blinds you from perceiving the one you are fortuned to ignite with. Now, it has found its pair and you have one final option left- to depart from it and wait for the one.

Kim Hanbin is just not your star.

"So, how about you?" He still asked.

"Honestly, I am in love too. He inspires me and he makes me happy without him realizing. But he also doesn't realize how he crushes me inside." If you only had the courage to tell him that it's him. The pain is so extreme that if you are a paper you're probably already torn into uneven pieces.

It's not what he saw last night though. It didn't look like Taehyun hurt you. "Just tell me if he hurts you so bad. I'm always ready to avenge you."

You chuckled. "That's not possible."

"I can do that! Try me." Even if it's close hyung, Taehyun.

"I'm telling you, you can't." Simply because it's him. You give him a faint smile. "And before I forget to tell you, Hanbin. It would be a great help if you stop looking for me from now on, best if you stop coming here. You'll be a big star soon and it will be hard for you to maintain this friendship. It's not so good if they see us together too so leave slowly now before it gets so hard for the both of us."

"What are you talking about? Are you serious?" His mouth opened and his face flustered by what you suddenly said.

"I'm doing you a favor. Now, excuse me." You got up but Hanbin grabbed your wrist.

"Hey, is there something wrong?"

You simply looked at him. There's nothing wrong with him, this is all on you and you don't know how to say it.

"Hanbin," Taehyun then arrived. He took your hand and freed you from Hanbin's grip. Their eyes are fighting. Hanbin's glaring at him and so is he.

"Hyung,"

Taehyun feels boiling inside. He just saw how Hanbin took you and your feelings for granted. It makes him mad that Hanbin doesn't even notice you when you are all he can ask for. With gritted teeth, he managed to talk. "You better leave. Hi's waiting for you outside."