Trust (Donghyuk)

Midnight. The sound of the leaves dancing with the wind outside Donghyuk's condo is keeping you awake. It has been more than a day since he was home and now you lie awake on the bed you share, waiting for him to arrive.

"What time are you— are you even coming home tonight?" You called him after feeling the loneliness of his absence again.

"What's with that tone? Is there anything wrong?" Two years since he asked you to live with him and you had no major problems until now. It won't even be a problem if Donghyuk just bothered to communicate properly.

You scoffed on the line. "Really? Donghyuk?"

4 days, turning 5, you don't even know the reason why he doesn't spend the night, even the day, yet he has the audacity to ask you if there is anything wrong. He remained silent. Here he goes again.

"You know what? Nevermind, I'm tired." You ended the call. You also came from work and you also have your own stress. It wasn't worth anything to speak to him because he doesn't explain himself. It's not comeback season and if Jinhwan found the time to return to Jeju then there's no valid reason for Donghyuk to be missing. What's worse is that he tells you he'll come home, but he doesn't.

You pulled the blanket to cover your body from the coldness of the night. There was no warmth without Donghyuk, especially if it's your heart that's freezing. You closed your eyes as you try to sleep but even exhaustion isn't enough to give you rest. Your mind is occupied with all the possibilities that might have crossed his mind to decide to suddenly not show up

Does he not love me anymore?

Is there someone else?

Am I only trying to fit myself in now?

Is he planning to end this? Us?

You hear the door being unlocked but you pretend to sleep because you have no energy left to argue. The night is deep and silent that his familiar light footsteps became audible, also the water from the shower as he entered it to cleanse, and the rustling of his clothes after as he changed.

He tucked himself beside you after his ceremonies, looking over your shoulder, putting the loose strands of your hair away from your face to get a good look

He tucked himself beside you after his ceremonies, looking over your shoulder, putting the loose strands of your hair away from your face to get a good look. He enveloped his arms on your figure as he hummed to your hair.

"I missed you so much, babe." He didn't smell familiar even if he just showered. There was some hint of alcohol in his breath and female fragrance from the clothes he came in with. He pulled you even tighter.

"Where have you been?" He looked over your shoulder again, surprised to hear you awake.

"Work, of course." Of course? Funny enough because the last time you checked, they're work free until the end of the month. He's supposed to be spending time with you, making up for all the moment you lost but you don't even know where the hell he was from because he constantly lies when you ask him.