Roses II (Chanwoo) read further for final chapter

Better days are all you hoped for.
Better days are what you promised yourself.
But better days are what never came.

Your nausea went on for days and you continued vomiting in secret. It wasn't easy and you weren't getting any better but you're putting up well. Good thing Donghyuk is one call away for back up especially in emergencies. He drops by your dorm, as it is only two floors below his, everytime you text or call and he also covers up for you when you need. He did most of the job that helped you hide your condition and not a single person aside from him knew.

Not until that day-

It's already dismissal time when the rain poured out really hard and Junhoe and Jinhwan decided to share the taxi with you and Donghyuk since you all live in the same apartment building. Traffic congested the road and the ride home went slower than usual. The windows of the taxi bled from the raindrops that hit it and the driver chose a sad song to top all that, making every second of the ride feel unnecessarily dramatic and painful.

You stopped timely by another bus stop to catch two familiar people waiting- Chanwoo and Heejin. Their fingers are intertwined as they talk about something seemingly so interesting for the both of them, Chanwoo looked extremely happy with her presence. His lips almost reaching his ears as he let out a hearty laugh. You smiled at how happy he looked and you're genuinely happy to see him smile but the sudden pang in your chest and the twitching of your insides say otherwise.

Somehow it hurts.

"See that punk?" Junhoe just had to inform Jinhwan and Donghyuk. The windows of the taxi were tinted but even if it were not, Chanwoo won't notice his friends' criticizing looks because he's too occupied. Your head spun from the view.

"I have to document this so in case he doesn't attend training today I have a proof." Jinhwan pulled out his phone and took a few shots of the maknae, cringing at how cheesy the couple looked. You suppressed the build up in the pit of your stomach as the taxi moved forward, leaving the scene behind, even if you know you were never successful in keeping your roses still.

Donghyuk sensed your discomfort and put his hand on your lap. You returned his look with begging moist eyes as you shake your head. The petals already reached your throat and it hurt even worse than usual.

"Hold on for a bit, okay?" Donghyuk whispered so the two boys won't hear. You can only respond with small sobs. Your throat feels scratched and tears are falling silently down your cheeks as you swallowed repeatedly to somehow help the petals go back but it wasn't any help. The roses are filling your mouth and more of it are coming.

You closed your eyes tight, knowing that you completely failed in hiding your roses at this point as you threw up helplessly inside the taxi.

The only thing keeping you sane is Donghyuk's hand that's rubbing your back and his voice as he apologized to the driver for the mess. Junhoe and Jinhwan took turns in cursing, eyes wide from shock

"Are you okay?" Junhoe, beside the driver's seat, almost has his whole body turned from panic.

"What is- fuck! Hanahaki?? Oh god! You're already bleeding! We need to take you to the hospital! Ahjussi-" You immediately held Jinhwan's arm to stop him from changing the route. He was panicking, equally surprised, curious and worried. There are lots of questions in his head that he wants to clear immediately and he wouldn't stop himself from asking it. "Since... when was this?"