Stars I (Hanbin)

/edited for good/

"Daebak! B.I. is dating Lee Hi!"

Your world fell apart as you heard the news from the customers. You work part time on a cafe near YG while attending school at the same time. The cup that you're wiping almost slipped out of your hand. You didn't try to listen further because your tears might find its way out.

"Really? Oh my gosh, I ship them!"

"I know right! They're a match made in heaven."

Yeah, well, there's no better pair to B.I. than Lee Hi. They look good together and they are in the same league. People would definitely be happy for them and that is what you should be too. Happy. But why is it so hard to accept for you? Because it's Hanbin who's involved?

Hanbin is a great friend of yours since middle and high school. You practically grew up together, also because their house is just a few blocks away from yours, but you stopped hanging out when he dropped out after being accepted to YG. He also left home to live in a dorm he shares with the rest of his group while you started living independently in a dorm near school and since then you seldom walked home together. Your friendship is still there though and you're still in contact because he goes to the cafe you're working at and spends lunch or any break time there. It's great that you still alot time for each other given your tight schedules even though it's not as frequent as before.

Not as frequent as the time he spends with Lee Hi.

You are aware of their closeness and there is indeed a high possibility that what you heard from the customers are true. Hanbin often talks about Lee Hi or Hayi as he calls her and their fans pair them together. They have this certain chemistry that fans love and you are not to fight for that.

It's almost lunch, time for Hanbin to arrive, but you already made up your mind not to see him. You know that you will fail to hide your emotions once you face Hanbin. You just never thought that he would date this sudden, more with Lee Hi. She's talented, beautiful and sweet. You can't even compare yourself. She's everything you're not. Someone Hanbin would truly fall for.

You hid in the kitchen and asked Taehyun, your co-part timer and Hanbin's co-trainee, to tell Hanbin that you didn't go to work today. It was such a lame excuse but it's the only excuse you could think of.

The sound of the wind chimes hanging on the door reverberated in the empty store, signal that someone entered.

"Annyeong hyung! Where's *YN*?" You only overheard.

"She didn't go to work today. I thou-"

"Why? Is she alright? Is she sick? Why didn't she text me?" Taehyun couldn't even finish his sentence when Hanbin cut him with his questions.

"Um, she didn't tell me the reason but I think she's okay. She'll probably come tomorrow."

Hanbin paused and sighed heavily. "Sorry, Hayi. Maybe you can meet her some other day."

"It's fine." He even came with her and for her to introduce her to you, it must really be true.

"I guess I'll just return again tomorrow, hyung. Please tell her I came, if you ever talk again."

"Yeah, sure." Taehyun forced a smile because he knows that you hear everything. He took a glimpse on your direction when Hanbin already left.

"Thanks, Taehyun." You give him a pressed smile as you went out of the kitchen.

Well, the dating rumors must really be true and Hanbin came with her to officially inform you because if that's not the reason, then why would they bother to come together? It was all you could think of the whole day and it bothered you until it's time to close the cafe.