A Siren's Sweet Song

Yes I'm proud as Fock of the title.

2:30 am,

The Eagle,

Henry's p.o.v.

     Henry Emily sat in the raven's nest of the ship. 'God, I can't wait until we leave.'  He thought, inhaling the disgusting freshwater scent. He longed for the icy brine of the ocean, the thrill as they sailed through the water. Henry didn't know why he hated being docked, he just did, his father always said it was part of being a shipman, but he still despised it. Off in the distance, he heard singing. Too deep to be a girl, but high enough where it sounded absolutely beautiful. Henry slid down the pole (hehe), and leapt to the side of the ship. "H-Hello? Is anyone there?" At first, there was nothing, and for a moment, Henry was disappointed. Then, suddenly, there was a voice. "Hello Darling!" Henry whipped his head around. There was a man, halfway up the dock.  "H-Hello? Why are you in the water? Sirens often come out at night, don't you know that?" The man chuckled. "Aw, they have no reason to attack me." He said. "Why not?" Henry asked, curious. "I'm one of them, not from around here, though." He said. Henry almost stumbled backwards and into the water below. "What?! What are you doing so close to land?!" Henry whisper-shouted, making sure to keep his voice down. "Simple, humans leave absurd amounts of food lying around on docks. It's just there, waiting to be taken." The man said, fidgeting with his fingers. Henry thought it was quite attractive how he could hold himself up for that long with only his arms. "But, that's stealing! How can you-" 

"Henry?! Henry Emily where are you?!" 

     Henry rushed back aboard. "I got bored, and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm sorry, father." Henry explained, glad when his parent just shook his head, scolded Henry, and put him back to bed. 

     Henry lay in bed, unable to sleep. He kept thinking about that siren. How odd he was, how beautiful his voice was when singing, how lovely it was even when he was just talking. He realized with disappointment that he had not gotten his name. 'Oh well,' he thought, 'He talked as if he'd been here quite a while, he'll probably be there tomorrow.' Henry thought, letting his mind take over as he listened to the snores of his crew mates.