Awkward Silence

Shinning sun peeked through the window curtains which alerted that morning has came but Wonwoo was not ready to open his eyes, shuffling in his bed, as he has barely got any sleep last night after the most unforgettable thing he heard, unconsciously his hand went towards his lips in a dazed touching it gently, which took him back to yesterday's kiss he had with Mingyu.Ruffling his hair vigorously, 'Ugh.... what I am thinking about! I should get my act together.' But suddenly there was sweetness in the air, he smelled something nice and sweet,making stomach growl indicating he is hungry, it was emerging from the kitchen, he knew what was happening, 'Mingyu must be preparing breakfast' he thought to himself as the food cooked by Mingyu is to die for, the best he knew it very well. So he got up from the comfort of his bed by fighting of the urge to bury himself in his bed because he was unsure how he will face Mingyu.

After mustering some courage he followed the delicious aroma to the kitchen, fighting with his inner self. When he reached the kitchen, he was greeted with a bright smile just like the sun of summers, "Good morning, hyung." Mingyu greeted while working on his pancakes. "Good Morning" Wonwoo sat down on the dining chair forcing a smile, which Mingyu noticed immediately but choose to ignore thinking it must be his imagination. Mingyu was preparing some lips smacking pancakes for the breakfast with his magical cooking skills, "Will you like to have some pancakes?" Mingyu asked. "Yes, I will go freshen up first" getting up Wonwoo went straight towards the bathroom. As they were having breakfast Mingyu was constantly talking as usual but the way he was getting responses from Wonwoo was a way off bit, "Is something bothering you?" Mingyu slid his hand to touch Wonwoo's hand on the table with concern in his eyes. "Do you remember anything from yesterday after you were drunk?" Wonwoo asked suddley flinching by the contact, "Actually I don't recall a thing after getting drunk, was there anything in particular that I should have remembered?" Mingyu stated with questioning eyes, "Nothing, was just asking because you were so wasted. You drank like a fish." Wonwoo laughed sarcastically to cover-up the disappointment he got from Mingyu's answer. "Ohh...Hyung dont tease me. It was fun drinking." Mingyu chuckled hitting Wonwoo's shoulder.

Wonwoo was busy with the dishes, when Mingyu came and asked, "Will you like to go for a movie and lunch later ?". Wonwoo was already in an emotinal turmoil about how to handle his disturbed mind and heart but he also wanted to spend some alone time with Mingyu and on the other hand Mingyu was very excited about a movie and a lunch date, yes thats what he was going to consider it as date. "Yes sure" Wonwoo replied with a slight nod. Mingyu again felt that something was not right, "Are you having a hangover or are you feeling sick hyung, you are not being yourself today." "I am totally fine" Wonwoo flashed assuring small smile on his face. Mingyu felt something was not ususal but he kept the concerns for later as today he was going to enjoy his time with Wonwoo.

Mingyu was on a cloud nine for a movie date with his hyung, he had planned the movie and the reservations for the lunch at a restaurant the day before.There were numerous times when Mingyu tried to strike converstaions, but Wonwoo was lost in his own world thinking about something with a frown on his face, Mingyu's heart was churning with concern. After the movie ended they decided to walk to the restaurant as it was just two blocks away along with their manager. When they were walking side by side with Mingyu takling and Wonwoo listening or may be was long lost in his own thoughts, walking behind mindlessly and when Mingyu noticed that Wonwoo was not by his side but walking behind him absent mindedly, he slightly tapped on his shoulder to grab his attention with questioning eyes, Wonwoo just smiled at him and nodded with a expression of nothing to be bothered about and started walking again with Mingyu catching up to him. They had their lunch in an awkward silence which was so loud, it was not how Mingyu planned it to be.

The silence was far more different from their usual silence, as they are comfortable around each other even when they are not having any verbal communication and just doing their stuff, but it felt like they were stranger who were forced to have lunch together making it awkward.
The whole day went with Wonwoo being drifting in his thouhgts and Mingyu being concerned and thinking about what might have gone wrong or did he said something to Wonwoo when he was wasted which may have hurted his feelings and he was not ready to disclose it to Mingyu. Today was Mingyu's turn to think for the night that what might have happend that is creating a gap or disturbance in their peaceful so called friendship.

Mingyu was twisting and turning in his sheets with a burden on his heart, contemplating about their date and thinking about their distraught situation, will it affect their relation drastically. He was frantic about losing something very dear to his heart, his soul.

Hiee Readers,

Please vote and comment on the story which will help me to write more
I will try my best to provide you with a good fic
Always be smilie
Spread love not hatred
Love love🫰