|22|

(A/n:- In case you skipped so a friendly reminder, today's updates start from chapter 20! Thank you)

Fluff ahead ~

Jimin traced his toe over the floor as he waited outside the professor's chamber.

"Come in, Jimin!" He called out.

Jimin quickly shifted in his position and gulped before stepping into the room.

The counseling room.

Oh, how much Jimin used to avoid these but his new professor insisted he attends one session where it wouldn't be some random counselor but himself.

Well, the man holds his resume so Jimin doesn't have much of an option. He sighed softly and pulled the chair to sit over. The professor took off his spectacles and leaned forwards with his chin resting on his interlocked fingers.

"I am sorry!" Jimin began with his eyes screwed shut and palms fisted into a ball over his knees.

"What are you sorry for, Jimin?"

"Huh?" Jimin carefully opened his eyelids to look at the man's expression.

He was calm.

He had no emotions projected over his face to analyze him.

He was just...Jimin couldn't define it.

"What are you apologizing for, Jimin? He asked again.

"For not attending the group meeting today and running away from the class-"

"And?"

"An..and?" Jimin nibbed his bottom lip in anxiety.

"What else are you sorry for?" The professor didn't budge an eye and was completely focused on the boy before him.

"I...am sorry for..," Jimin's voice trailed off as he couldn't think of much.

"If that's all you are sorry for then I can give you an assignment for the record purpose as a punishment. We are done, I guess. You may leave." The professor leaned back over his chair as he slipped on the glasses back to flip through the pages of his book.

That's it?

Jimin broke his head for the past two hours about the various consequences it would have on his resume. But this man had nothing but an assignment to punish him with.

Why did he overthink so much? Jimin sighed in relief and stood up from his seat.

"Also..," the professor began, "Your team leader Hoseok insisted on keeping you on the team but I understand if you want to do it all alone. All over again the same way you have done in the past years. You are free to. I would like to let you off the hook this time. What do you choose, Jimin?" The professor shared a glance at the male and then back at his notebook.