|29|

(A/n:- The following chapter contains some triggering scenes so proceed with caution

(A/n:- The following chapter contains some triggering scenes so proceed with caution.  None of the events explained below have occurred in the author's life. Thank you)

"Do you still not get it, Maddie?" Abby's chest heaved up and down with sharp breaths escaping past her lips.

"No! Because currently my whole body is burning up and I am this close to turning into a stupid human that can feel all the pain!" Maddie fired back.

"When you are born with a silver platter you eat the rice over it and once you feel full, you wouldn't think twice before dumping the rest. Whereas, a farmer plows through damp soil with several thorns and stones pricking every corner of his leg. The scorching sun kills every cell over his skin yet he works to sow the seeds and manure. The flooding rain challenges him to protect his crop and he does it. With tears drying over his cheek he puts all his might to protect them. The drought taunts him to show up and he does. He uses all his strength to fight that too. On the fine spring harvest, he holds his breath and tightens his chest before hitting the crop against the plank for the rice grains to fall over the sheet-"

"I am not in the mood to comprehend your metaphors, you dickhead! Argh!" Maddie was pulled over the floor with a twisting force churning her insides.

"Wait! Wait, how is dickhead a curse, eh? It's just a part of the body and comparison shouldn't be offending right?" Maddie tried to justify and the pain slowly subsided with a sigh of relief escaping from her lips.

Abby laughed silently, "Look at you bargaining with the god now. Huh?" She teased.

"It-" she stopped in mid-sentence once she realized that nothing other than cuss words are going to leave her lips, "Just continue."

"The farmer knows the value of a single grain of rice because he went through the struggle to grow it. The person with the silver platter would seldom understand the effort behind it and carelessly dispose of the rest."

"I still didn't get your point." Maddie cocked an eyebrow and rolled over the floor beside Abby trying to flick her finger but it didn't work.

Abby sighed softly and stared at the ceiling that projected the whole galaxy slowly moving in front of their eyes, "Namjoon would give him everything that he asks for, Maddie. The love, the wishes, the dates, the entire perfect couple package but what about him? Would he ever understand the depths of what Jungkook ever went through during his childhood? Will he compel the younger's compulsions and understand him? Can a perfect person who never faced the darkest side of mental health ever understand Jungkook's pleas? No, Maddie, only an equally broken person would understand him. You once quarreled with me for the way Jimin handled Jungkook's panic attack. Didn't you?" Abby rolled over with her stomach pressed against the floor and her eyes fixed on Maddie, "What Namjoon would have done in that situation, Maddie? What would a genius brainy would have done at that time?"