|25|

(A/n:- The new chapters start from chapter 24

(A/n:- The new chapters start from chapter 24. Plus, kill me for converting this simple story into a complicated mess!😭)

Maddie slammed the door open as she entered the room. Abby sighed and didn't bother to give attention to the new commotion Maddie had to commit tonight.

"I guess, you have a lot to explain," Maddie growled in a low tone hands gripping tight to the edge of the table, the knuckles turning white in the process.

"Explain what?" Abby put forth calmly unfazed by the fuming Maddie in front of her.

"You know very well what I am talking about. Just spill it, Abby!" Maddie leaned across the table almost burning a hole into Abby's forehead.

"What is it that you want to know, Maddie?" Abby finally lifted her chin to look at her with interlocked fingers under her chin.

Maddie inhaled sharply before letting it out abruptly, "Jungkook had a partner but you changed it. I wanna know the reason-"

"They weren't meant to be together -"

"God decides the fate! You can't change it when you are merely a cupid!" She screamed, her voice echoing into the empty walls.

"No, it's not! It's not. Fate doesn't lie in god's hand. It lies in our hands! It lies in my hand!" Abby finally rose from her chair firing back right over Maddie's face.

Maddie chuckled dryly and stepped back, "You dared to question his decisions. How can a mere cupid be so naive to question his decision?"

"I have lived longer than you, Maddie. I have seen worse than you and I won't let you repeat the same shit all over again-"

"No! I am not listening to you. I am not fucking obeying the orders of a supervisor who goes against god's order. I...am, I am gonna," Maddie felt a strange cord tighten around her neck. She traced her fingers over the neck to find nothing but the invisible rope tightened with the passing second.

"I... can't -" Maddie tried to word out but fell right over her knees, the room spiraling around her.

Come on, baby. It's going to be fun.

I am not sure.

Trust me, you will love it.

Maddie let an ear-splitting shriek out of her lips and ears tightly held by the palms of her hand to stop the stupid voices ringing in her ears. Her tear-filled eyes looked over to Abby for some kind of help.

The latter simply kneeled before her and sighed softly before parting the locks of hair that brushed over the root of Maddie's hair, "Stop breaking the rules before you face the wrath of the god you highly adore."

Abby stood up and walked out of the room without an explanation.

____

Jimin smiled wide as hopped his way toward the hostel. He swayed his head from side to side as he unlocked the door to his dorm room and hummed a song while throwing his bag over the bed and flicking his shoes to one corner, falling flat over the floor with his back pressing against it and his eyes fixed at ceiling releasing a breath of relief.