Surprised Meeting

Neteyam always wondered why his dad was always too hard on him and his siblings as he was calling his ikran Seze named after his mother's ikran, he was going to try and get away from his parents for as long as possible. Where was he going? He doesn't know but he knows somewhere far enough that his family won't find him, of course, he feels bad for leaving his sibling, but he just needed a break.

after hours of flying, he felt that it was far enough that he won't be found while also not having to deal with Colonel or any of his 'friends'. He felt safe for the first time in years, but he still needed time to adapt to his new surroundings and look around to see if there is any life (such as more types of Na'vi). And naturally, he needed to find a food source, so he went looking and to his surprise, na'vi were living by the ocean near where he had set up 'camp'. he wanted to observe them.

After hours of watching the na'vi, he realized that the na'vi did not have to same skin or body features as him, they had light blue or turquoise color skin, it was interesting to watch as they swam because of their color Neteyam could hardly see them in the water this far. Something that also caught Neteyams eye is that their arms and tail were shaped in a way that could help them swim and glide through the water. He remembered suddenly after examining these na'vi, that his father, jake sully, had told him about this type of na'vi they were called the Metkayina.

As he watches the Metkayina he realized that he could learn from them (from afar of course) but he would need to study them when they went hunting, he needed to adapt for the time being. As the days went by, he ate the fish that the Metkayina were eating but Neteyam still had no intention of going to meet them or looking at one face to face. Not that he was scared or anything he was just too prideful for that.

But everything changed when he when to hunt for fish he knew that the Metkayina was hunting, he would always hunt for fish to make sure that none of the Metkayina na'vi would see him and attack him for killing the fish. As he was walking to the rocks where he normally shot them with his bow making sure that we kill them without making them feel much pain, he did not hunt when he was in the water because his body was not adapted like the other na'vis were (and naturally did not want to drown).

He was making sure that he had killed enough fish to last a while to lessen the fact that someone might see him until he heard a noise from afar, it sounded like someone getting out of the water. Just the sound alone could make Neteyams heartbeat as he had just ran through the whole forest, Neteyam immediately shot up looking to the direction that the sound came from. No one was there, and obviously, after he saw no one, many thoughts ran through his head, what was that? WHO was that? Did they see him? Why were they here?

As he was looking around, he froze, there was a Metkayina boy looking at him staring straight into his soul. Immediately Neteyam could see more of this boy Metkayina features like his arms that were made for swimming, his tail thin and made for the water like most of the differences they had. The next thing Neteyam noticed was this boy's light eyes and his hair that was braided and put into a bun on top of his hair looking closer Neteyam saw that the boy had beauty marks all over his neck and his exposed chest. Eywa, he was pretty.

Just before Neteyam was going to start running the unknown boy swung a spear toward his neck, the boy looked at him confused but fierce, "who are you? Why are you killing our fish?"