by the rocks

The night after they arrived Neteyam wanted to see if Aonung would go to where he and Neteyam would normally hang out when he lived in the forest nearby the Metkayina a week ago.

Neteyam sat up slowly looking around his family marui to see if anyone was awake and luckily for him no one was. The first thing that Neteyam did when he saw that no one was awake he stood up quietly making sure that no one woke up when he stood.

When Neteyam walked in the marui he stopped at any movement that he heard, a few times someone would turn over in their sleep and Neteyam would stop and look where it was coming from making sure he didn't wake anybody. After a while of stopping and looking around Neteyam finally ended up outside, he still walked as if he was in the marui. Neteyam started walking towards the beach making sure no one was following him.

After Neteyam made it to the beach he decided that he would start to swim to the rock where he and Aonung would meet up and when he was halfway there, he would call for his ilu because he wanted to swim and look at all the different types of plants and animals that could be seen.

Neteyam walked into the water from the beach and started swimming towards the rocks that he and Aonung would hang out by, stopping occasionally to admire the glowing plants that was in the ocean.

Neteyam was much better at holding his breath than when he first started months ago. In the beginning, he could only hold his breath for a few seconds but now he could hold it for up to 10 minutes with all the practicing that he had done when he was here and the swimming that he did a week ago, he really enjoyed the ocean.

Then Neteyam was in the middle of getting to the rocks he decided to call his ilu, he swam to the surface if the water. After he got a breath of fresh air, he calls his ilu doing a clicking sound with his tongue. It took a few seconds for his ilu to arrive because it was the middle of the night and Neteyam was far away from where the Metkayina kept the ilus.

When his ilu arrived, she made a happy clicking noise, Neteyam knew she was happy to see him. Neteyam swam next to the ilu and rubbed her neck before climbing on and connecting his queue to the ilu. Neteyam and the ilu started swimming to the rocks, before they got there Neteyam started thinking, would Aonung be there?

Neteyam didn't think that Aonung would be there because he thought that he didn't care or what to make friends with Neteyam, he didn't think that Aonung would go back to the rocks after he left, but who could blame him? But all this thinking would have to wait because Neteyam was just about to arrive at the rocks.

As he came closer to his destination he slowed down, not that he was going fast but you know. As he came to a stop right next to the rocks disconnecting his queue from the ilu and sliding off her. When he was off the ilu he started to climb the small wall of the rock, when he fully climbed it to stood up staring at the person sitting by a wall of the rocks, it was indeed Aonung.

Neteyam was very surprised to see Aonung there by the rocks, he kept staring until the other noticed him and motioned for him to sit down next to him. Neteyam went to sit next to Aonung, they did not say a word to each other. It was silent until Neteyam decided to speak up "I didn't know you would be here Aonung," Neteyam stated.

"Well for the past week of you being gone, I came here every night for an hour or two," Aonung replied.

"You came here every night?" Neteyam said while he scorched closer to him, their shoulders almost touching.

"Ya, I do, it was surprisingly really boring when you left." Well, that confirmed Neteyam's question from before, Aonung really did care for him more than he thought.

"I missed you Neteyam," Aonung said. This sentence was a big surprise because Neteyam never thought that Aonung would miss him, it made Neteyam happy. Neteyam started blushing because of that, his heart started pounding in his chest why could Aonung make him feel this way? Neteyam started thinking, he was thinking about how Aonung said he missed him and everything that they did together, did he like Aonung?

"Neteyam," he heard Aonung say as he was dragged out of his thoughts with Aonung sitting on his knees in front of Neteyam.

"Huh?" Neteyam was confused how long was he thinking for?

"You spaced out for a moment you, ok? Your face is really red too," Aonung said as he pointed at his face. Neteyam knew what he felt for Aonung.

"I'm fine, I think," Neteyam replied

"Sure," Aonung said questionably.

Neteyam didn't know what to say anymore, the space around them just fell into a comfortable silence, Aonung moved to be next to Neteyam again but this time he was closer than before with their shoulders and legs touching. Neteyam looked up at the lighter na'vi Aonung looking at him. Neteyam started to admire his fetchers Neteyam was looking at his beautiful light eyes, his beautiful glowing freckles, his beautiful face everything of him was beautiful.

"What?" Aonung said with a smile, Eywa he she gorgeous.

"Nothing," Neteyam said as he looked away looking at the ocean, Aonung copying his movments.

They stayed like that for a while both quiet with each other's presence, but before long Neteyam put his head on Aonung's shoulder hearing the other's breath hitch before getting comfortable.

After sitting there with Neteyam's head on Aonung's shoulder, Neteyam decided that he wanted to be closer to Aonung. He sat up before climbing into Aonung's lap and resting his head in the crook of his neck, hands tucked into his own chest. "Um," Aonung said making Neteyam giggle, Aonung looked down at the beauty he looked comfortable.

Aonung wrapped his arms around Neteyam's waist to that he could be more secure on the other lap. Neteyam was getting tired, but he didn't want to lose this moment, Aonung lowered his head onto the others. Neteyam liked his scent it reminded him of the ocean and the calm waves crashing against the rocks and shore. It also reminded him of the peace and how safe he feels around Aonung.

"Do you want to stay here?" Aonung asked, his voice sounding tired and drained.

"Ya, we can go back later, it's nice here with you," Neteyam said nearly whispering the last part. So, they did they stayed there, Neteyam fell asleep quickly with how Aonung was holding him along with Aonung's sent he felt so safe. He hadn't felt this safe since he was a child, Aonung held him so softly he wanted to stay like this for ever.

Aonung followed him soon after falling asleep with Neteyam in his arms. They slept in each other's arms the whole night not moving a muscle, but after hours of sleeping Neteyam was woken by Aonung.

"Neteyam, Neteyam. NETEYAM." Aonung screamed.

"Huh?" Neteyam was just opening his eyes to the light shining right at him 'shit' he thought.

"HOW LONG WERE WE OUT?"

"I DON'T KNOW BUT WE HAVE TO GET BACK,"

"YUP" they screamed at each other before Neteyam jumped up Aonung followed behind, and Aonung called for his ilu.

"Go with me it will be faster," Aonung said as he was connecting his queue to the creature. Neteyam nodded and jumped in the water sitting behind Aonung on the ilu grabbing his waist.

The two arrived rather quickly jumping off when they got close enough to the shore, the two seeing their siblings, right the lessons Neteyam thought. "I will go to my marui and will talk to my parents you should do the same,"

"I won't just say I woke up early."

"Oh ok," Aonung said as he started walking in the direction of his marui. Neteyam smiled to himself as he walked towards Lo'ak, Kiri, Tuk, Tsireya, and Rotxo for the lessons they were meant to have, Neteyam knew it was going to be easy considering he learned a lot from Aonung when he was staying here.

Neteyam was excited to see how his sibling fall off the backs of ilus and how short they hold their breath for it was going to be fun.