training

Neteyam was excited to know that Aonung would teach him about how the Metkayina people use the water and how they adapted to the water, it was going to be a good experience for Neteyam. Neteyam decided that it would be smart to go back to his so-called camp to get some shut-eye so that was exactly what he did.

The next day when Neteyam woke up he decided to cook one of the fish he caught 2 days ago it was very plain, but it was food, in the day Neteyam didn't do much he practiced how to fight more at the beginning of the day after he was too tired to continue, he fed Seze, but Neteyam could not take Aonung out his head, it was confusing... When it was time to meet with Aonung, Neteyam was a little late and that seemed fine because Aonung was also a little late for the 'lessons'.

Neteyam waited for an hour after he arrived, he thought that Aonung was just joking when he said that he would teach him the way of the Metkayina, and Neteyam thought he should just leave but just as he was leaving, he heard someone climb out of the water, it was Aonung.

"You made it" Neteyam nearly shouted as he was walking to the other.

"Of course, I did. Did you think that I was lying to you?"

"Well, ya to be honest"

Aonung snorted "I was late because I could only leave when my family was asleep, and they were up longer than I thought they would be."

"That makes sense," Neteyam reassured himself.

When that was resolved, Aonung was ready to teach Neteyam, but he needed to see how well he could swim without any training, "come you will need to swim before I teach you anything." Aonung walked to the side of the rocks and jumped in.

As Aonung swam back up Neteyam was standing next to the side of the rocks, "I need to swim before you teach me?"

"Yes, I need to see how you swim and I need to see how long you can hold your breath. Don't worry I won't let you drown"

"Oh, ok," Neteyam said as he walked closer to the edge and jumped in the water.

Well, Neteyam was a terrible swimmer, he was like a 1-year-old baby to Aonung and that was funny. Now Aonung can see why Neteyam asked him to teach him, but it still doesn't explain why he was watching the Metkayina when he was so bad at swimming. Aonung could understand that he needed fish for food but why was his swimming so bad?

"Why is your swimming so bad?" Aonung said as soon as he was able to breathe.

"You go up for air every 15 seconds and your swimming is very slow you can't keep up with me."

Neteyam didn't answer he just sighed.

Because of how badly Neteyam swims Aonung decided that he will teach him how to breathe better before going into the water. Aonung climbed out the water and helped Neteyam up before he sat down, "sit," Aonung said in a hushed tone, "the first thing that you should learn if you want to practice like the Metkayina is to control your breathing"

He said as Neteyam sat down in front of him. "You will have to breathe better so that you can hold your breath longer. Instead of breathing with your chest, you will need to breathe with your abdomen." Aonung said that while he was doing a breathing motion with his hands.

Neteyam followed Aonung's instructions, he was trying to breathe more with his abdomen he closed his eyes to be more focused on his breathing. As he was trying to focus on his breathing, he felt Aonung's gaze on him *why was he just staring at me* Neteyam thought. "Am I doing it right?" Aonung said.

"No" Neteyam fell silent as he opened his eyes wide because of Aonung's answer.

"Huh?"

"You're not doing it right, you only breath from your chest although your very focused your not doing it correctly." Aonung replied as he moved closer to Neteyam, he put his hand on the forest na'vis chest and abdomen "You need to slow your heartbeat and focus on your breathing from your abdomen more." Aonung said as he put more pressure on Neteyams abdomen.

They sat there until early in the morning practicing how to breathe and hold his breath better, they practiced until Aonung needed to go to sleep "I'm tired, and I need to go meet me here again tomorrow we will see how you improved." Aonung said as he stood up.

"Sure," Neteyam said in response before getting up and walking towards the forest.