Ch 9:Underground Heist

If there's one thing that Cinder is feeling right now.

It's pain.

After returning from her failed attempt to plant the virus in the CTT tower, she returned back to the dorms undetected. Her subordinates, Emerald and Mercury came to find her all bruised  and bloodied up and we're in shock to see her in that state.

Right now Emerald is busy tending Cinder to her injuries by giving her bandages to wrap up in

"Well so much that part of the plan.
You certainly got your ass handed." Mercury says as fixes his legs.

"Maybe you can come over here and help instead of insulting over there." Emerald said in a stern voice.

"Nah you got that covered."

"Then I would advise you to keep your mouth shut." She threatened him.

"Enough! Both of you." Cinder orders her underlings.

"Having that mysterious group arriving here was certainly unexpected. But make no mistake if I ever encounter him again. I'm gonna kill him, and I'm gonna savor it." She finishes with the hint of hatred in her eyes looking down at her palms.

"Well now you have that settled. What do we do now since planting the virus is a no go."

"For now we lay low and stay on mission. An hope nothing else pops up."

__________________________________

"Your saying that the guy we encountered last week was here?" Yang asks Ruby.

"Yea it was certainly him. I recognized his voice and the outfit he wore. It was definitely him." She answers.

"What do you think they were here for?" Blake asks her.

"I don't know. But During the dance I saw someone up in the rooftops, whoever that was she was heading to the CTT Tower. Next thing I hear was gunfire and the sound of glass shattering. Next I saw was the person I was following flew out the window and survived. She escaped in the bushes, before I could chase her, I saw many figures coming out at the entrance of the tower. And I saw him standing there and before I knew he left on that strange airship." Ruby finishes explaining.

"Then why be there to begin with?" Weiss asks.

"Whatever the reason they were there I don't know. But I do know that something is happening and we're gonna figure it out." Ruby tells her teammates as they smile to find out more.
"There was something else."

"What is it?" Yang asks her sister.

She was gonna say but stopped. She thought about what he said to her. She can't get that out of her head.

"You're still the same after all these years, you haven't changed a bit."

What did he mean by that? How did he know her? She didn't really know any guys other than her father and uncle and her friends Ren and......Jaune.

But seeing him. He knew her somehow like for a long time, but she no recollection of meeting him. But she'll figure that out later.

"Nothing?"

Just then elevator doors opened.

"Well better get going. Tell them what I know." She said as she got in the elevator while doors closed behind her.

___________________________________

"They were all here...Ozpin, they were here!" Ironwood angrily says as he slams his fist against Ozpin's desk.

"We're very much aware of that! Thank you, James." Glynda retorts.

"Fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!" He replies in