Chapter Four

JESSA

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

When the heavy curtain eventually parted in front of me, I nearly forgot about the anxiety and just stood there like a rock as I absorbed the current scenario.

I am standing on a higher platform, on the top stairs to be exact. Before me is a wide ball room that is filled with women and gentlemen that are watching me and clapping. The claps of the hundred hands echo loudly around the area, sending my guts into a swirling mess and making my hands tremble more. Oh my God, hindi naman ako aware na ganito pala kalaki ang ballroom. At ganito pala karami ang nag-aabang sa prinsesa!

The walls are covered with the same golden pattern of dragons I had seen in the bedroom, yet the swirls are brighter and thicker and the shapes are more obvious. The subtle images of dragons whirl and twirl their way across the cream white walls, on the maroon floor, and up to the ceiling. Ang ganda. Ang ganda ganda. My heart soars at the amazing environment in front of me. It's enchanting, especially when there are also two giant chandeliers hanging from the white ceiling that is illuminating everything in golden highlights.

The tall and glittering golden statue of a dragon, positioned in the heart of the space, in the midst of an overwhelming crowd, is what truly bears the beauty of the ball room. It stands there in all its splendor, its magnificent wings flapping furiously and its jaw set as if it were about to yell. Its ruby eyes glow from the chandelier's glare, as are the tips of its horns, wings, and tail.

Wow, mukhang mahilig sa mythical creature na ito ang mga tao dito. Maybe it is the symbol of Shirene?

I realized that there is music playing from the side. The melodies are almost muffled from under the rowdy claps of the crowd. May mga salamin din sa pader bilang disenyo. At mula doon ay maayos ko na napagmasdan ang sarili— hindi, ang katawan pala ni Prinsesa Blaidarah.

Mukhang naglalayab na apoy ang suot kong gown dahil sa porma ng mga laces at beads, idagdag pa ang kinang ng mga beads dahil sa nakaka-bulag na liwanag ng chandelier. It looks like as if I am blending with fire. And with Blaidrah's blonde hair, pale complexion, perfect body figure and those intense deep set of eyes, I look like a freaking fire goddess.

Oh my God, Blaidrah looks as enchanted as this regal place, and the small tiara on top of my head just summed it up all. She really does indeed look like a princess, a fiery and powerful princess.

Kaya naman pala hindi pa rin tumitigil ang pagpalakpak nila, at kung tingnan ako ng lahat ay para bang dala dala ko ang gamot sa cancer. Kaya lalo namang lumala ang sikmura ko, lalo lamang itong umikot at pakiramdam ko masusuka na ako. Napahawak ako sa skirt ng gown ko at sinubukang huwag tignan ang kahit kanino sa kanila.

Patuloy pa rin sa pagtugtog ang mga musikero and every single pair of eyes are looking at me. Some of the women below are wearing gloves, elaborate hats with nets, ball dresses as wide as mine, and mermaid tail gowns.

Even male attire confuses me. Some wear vests, while others wear jackets and caps. The majority of them are holding what seems to be a scepter.

I can't even recognize what fashion style they are supposed to be wearing. Oo, wala naman akong alam sa lugar na ito pero atleast di'ba na nag-uunite sana ang fashion senses nila. One by one, they all look so mixed up and random. But when you start to view them from a higher place, when you look at them as a whole instead of individually, it doesn't look so wrong. Instead, it looked so dazzling, like something you would see in a classic painting.

"Blaidrah, kung tumingin ka para 'bang may bomba."

Halos napatalon ako sa pwesto ko nang biglang may nagsalita sa gilid ko. Lumingon ko. Then I realized, if I am the fiery princess of Shirene, then there is definitely a Queen as intense as me. And I am sure that I am talking with her right now.