Chapter Sixteen

JESSA

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

In my dream, I was in a place where there's nothing to see but white.

I was standing in the middle, feet feeling like it was anchored on the ground. My breathing was controlled and shallow, as if I was breathing inside of a closed container.

I looked down and realized I was not wearing the leather clothes Castillo had handed me. Instead, I was wearing my school jogging pants and a white shirt.

The same fit I was wearing when we were transported to the Blood of the Dragon. I was one again inside my original body. I wanted to rejoice, to be excited to be finally back in my own body, but I couldn't.

Umikot ako at pinakiramdaman ang paligid. Wala akong nakikita pero alam kong hindi ako nag-iisa dito. Someone was here. I just know that someone's gaze was on me, watching me, waiting for something.

I wanted to run, to move, to get out of this place. But all I could see was the fog that started to materialize out of nowhere. It spreaded around and I was afraid that the more it would thicken, the more I would find it hard to breathe.

My heart thundered inside my chest. Fear climbed in my spine. I know that no matter where I turn, there'll be no escape from this place.

All of a sudden, something sparkled from the distance in front of me like a mirror that had been hit by a light.

Then, something slowly formed from the back of the fogs. A human-like shape gradually formed. I can see there a woman with familiar long blond hair wearing clothes made out of reddish leather. Even with her eyes closed, even though she's not moving, I know that person very well.

In front of me, is the character I am in, Princess Blaidrah of Shirene.

Sobrang kumabog ang puso ko sa dibdib dahil ngayon ko lang siya nakita na hindi galing sa reflection. She's literally here right before me being a whole other entity. Hindi ko malaman ang nararamdaman ngayon, what Blaidrah looked right now is also how my comrades see me.

But there's something so wrong in this place.

I cannot comprehend why it was starting to feel like the air was lowering down, and why Blaidrah's eyes are closed like she's.. Dead, inside of a coffin.

Tumaas ang mga balahibo ko. Is this another reminder for me? That Blaidrah's fate is to die?

Ilang beses ko nang sinabi sa sarili ko, pati na rin sa kanila Stefan, na we will have our happy endings. But if I am constantly been reminded of the tragic ending, para 'bang nawawalan na naman ako ng pag-asa. Gaya 'nga ng sabi ni Jonah, "we are just kids, we are not supposed to be heroes."

Pinagmasdan ko lang si Blaidrah sa harapan ko. Is she even alive? Hindi ko masabi kung humihinga pa siya.

I raised a hand and tried to cup her face. But her eyes opened before I could even touch her. Her intense dark eyes stared back at mine, making my heart leap in surprise.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Napabangon ako. The silence of the night hugs me. My heart beats so fast that I can't take stable breaths.

May ilang bahid ng pawis ang tumutulo sa ulo ko. Mahapdi rin ang mga mata ko na para 'bang umiyak ako nang matagal. Oh, have I been crying this whole time?

Sinubukan kong kumuha ng mahaba at malalim na hininga. I close my eyes and allow the night's solitude to wash over me. I listen to the quiet rustle of the trees and breathe in the cool, fresh wind.