Chapter 4

Lucian POV:

As the sun began its ascent over the horizon, casting a warm glow across the castle grounds, I readied myself for the journey ahead. We are leaving for Kingdom Fiore today, it is one day away. Stepping into the bathroom, I took a quick bath, I clothed myself in attire befitting the journey ahead.

However, my preparations were interrupted by an unexpected intrusion. Before I could protest, Alex burst into the room with all the subtlety of a charging bull, clad in his armor.

"Come fast, Luci, we have to go," he urged, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his lack of decorum.

"You should have thought to knock on the door," I said. His laughter echoed off the stone walls.

"Omg, are you, Lucian, gonna tell me about manners?" he retorted, his sarcasm palpable. I suppressed a sigh. He talks a lot, and I swear that if I had the chance, I would cut his tongue.

I made my way towards the door, Alex trailing behind me. As we walked through the hallways of the castle, my mind drifted to the companions.

"Are you all set? What about Henry and his son John?" I inquired.

"They're both ready, too, but I've heard some rumors about Henry's sons," he said.

"What is it?" I asked, a furrow forming between my brows.

"He was banished from the kingdom because he did something to the princess, I thought he was just revenging this, but there is something else"," Alex answered.

"What? "

"I don't know, man. He's planning to do something... who cares, I'm sure he knows who we are and does not mess with us," Alex replied.

we descended the stone steps leading to the front door, flanked by my guards and their wolves. Once warriors, they were now cursed, condemned to roam the tangled depths of my dark forest, primed to strike down any foolish enough to breach its boundaries.

My own wolf, towering beside Alex. They were larger, and fiercer than the others. "Listen, all of you," I commanded.

"A select few will venture into the kingdom to secure the sword. Once we have it, we'll signal for the rest of you to join us at the kingdom's border, and then we strike."

With nods of understanding, we set off into the forest, My heart and beast are restless, but at least now I will know what's there.

Henry approached me with a question. "My lord," he began, seeking permission to speak, and I inclined my head in silent assent, gaze fixed ahead.

"I believe there may be a magic that can guide us to the sword's location," Henry asked.

With a nod from George. "When we make camp, I'll show you," George said.

The following evening found us outside the entrance to Fiore. Henry slipped into the town, intent on making his way to the castle, while the rest of us stood vigilant, senses alert for any sign of danger.

It was then that I caught it, a faint scent, carried on the forest breeze, hinting at the presence of others. My guard and Alex tensed, their instincts kicking in as the scent grew stronger.

But one scent drew my attention. My beast went crazy when he smelled the sweetest scent he had ever encountered. I got down and started walking toward the scent. My beast was getting restless the farther I walked.

The sound of kids laughing echoes through the forest. I sneak behind the bushes, walking slowly to avoid making any noise. There were two older girls among the five or six children.