Chapter 23

Lorenzo POV:

"My lord, he's getting married tomorrow," my man reported. A smile crept across my face as I processed the information. "Lucian, let's start the war now. I am coming for you, and I will claim my rightful place and title."

"So, what's your plan?" John asked, his curiosity piqued.

"We won't allow the wedding to happen," I declared, rising from my seat and turning to face him. "We'll launch an attack before they exchange vows."

"And how do you think we will enter the castle?" John inquired, his brow furrowed with concern.

"My men will handle it. We will blend in with the crowd as if we are ordinary guests. When the princess is on stage, we will strike. I will confront Lucian and fight him until he is defeated."

"My lord, ensure he does not mark her, or it will become a significant problem for us," one of my men interjected.

John's frown deepened. "What do you mean by 'marked,' and why would that be a problem?"

"Marking our mate means that if he bites her, he will always know where she is, no matter how far we take her," I explained.

John considered this for a moment. "Hmm... We have a deal. I will help you defeat Lucian, and in return, you will give me Isabella."

I turned back to face him and replied, "Yeah, sure. A deal is a deal." With a nod, he turned to leave.

"My lord, how are you going to handle him?" one of my men asked me.

"There's nothing to handle about him. Once we enter the castle, our first priority will be the princess. We will take her," I replied.

"And what about Lucian? And why did you tell John that we would kill Lucian? We haven't planned for that," another man questioned.

"We are going to attack. You go and bring the princess out of the castle; we will distract everyone. Signal us once you are out. As for John, leave him in the castle. Lucian will kill him, so we don't have to worry about him and—" I was interrupted by a scream. With a sigh, I moved to the back of the room.

"You let us go!" yelled a woman.

I smirked and said, "And why would I do that, Queen Elizabeth?"

"Lorenzo, please, my child, don't do this. Don't repeat this," another lady, who was seated on the ground, pleaded.

"It is all your fault. You could have stopped this if you had given me enough power, Mother."

"Leave us," Elizabeth cries, her voice strained with emotion as she tries to cross the shimmering barrier my wizard has erected to keep their souls from passing through.

"And why would I want to?" I counter, my tone mocking, as I circle them slowly. "So that you could go and marry off the princess to that Lucian, shattering my entire plan? No, I can't let that happen."

"How did you even find out about us?" my mother questions, a mix of surprise and concern in her voice.

"My heart," I declare dramatically, "my heart told me that my mother was here, soaring in the sky high above, whispering to the princess to marry Lucian. A bird, Mother? You chose to be a bird?"

I don't wait for a response, instead continuing my explanation. "I have a man in Lucian's castle. He saw you flying in and out of Lucian's chamber, and that's how I found out about you, and then about the lovely queen."

"You have a problem with Lucian, so why bring my daughter into this?" Elizabeth demands, her eyes narrowing.

"Because," I reply, my voice firm, "there is nothing more precious to Lucian in this world than your daughter, Princess Isabella."