Chapter 24

Isabella POV:

"Bella," Someone whispered, the sound barely audible in the pitch-black room. I blinked, trying to adjust my eyes to the darkness, but nothing changed.

Confusion washed over me as I struggled to recall how I had ended up here. The last thing I remembered was being with Lucian in the jungle.

Suddenly, a voice shattered the silence, sending chills down my spine. "Bella, come here," it commanded. My breath caught in my throat as I couldn't recognize the voice. It was harsh, almost raspy as if the person was desperately in need of water.

"Lu...Lucian, is that you?" I called out, my voice trembling. I remained seated, my body frozen in fear, unsure of what was happening or why.

"Bellaaaaaaa," the voice called again, this time with a hint of impatience. My heart pounded in my chest, the sound echoing in my ears. How had I gotten myself into this situation?

As the footsteps drew closer, panic set in. I frantically searched the room, but there were no windows or doors in sight. The only thing in the room besides me was the bed.

With a loud bang, the door swung open, causing me to flinch and pull my legs up to my chest, shielding my face. I squeezed my eyes shut, too terrified to look.

I heard the footsteps approaching slowly, each one echoing ominously in the small room. Then, suddenly, I felt a presence beside me. The person bent down, their breath hot against my skin. I shuddered, fear coursing through me.

What was happening? I thought frantically, my mind racing. Then, I felt a hand on my face, gentle yet firm, tracing every inch of my features. My heart pounded in my chest as the hand tightened around my chin, forcing me to look up.

"Open your eyes, Love." Who is he? Lucian is the only one who calls me 'Love'. Without hesitation, I opened my eyes to see a bloodied face looming over me. Before I could react, he opened his mouth, exposing sharp teeth, and bit into my neck.

I screamed loudly and jolted awake. I was in Lucian's room, it was only a dream. But who was he? Was that Lucian's face I couldnt clearly see, or was this just another nightmare?

Knock knock.

"Who is it?" I asked, still gasping for air.

"It's me, Elena. Can I come in?" she said.

"Yes," I replied. She entered, carrying a tray. I grabbed the glass of water and took a sip as soon as she approached.

"Whoa, you look so pale. What happened?" she asked, her hand brushing over my face.

I sighed. "I had a bad dream," I said, rubbing my face with my hands. I turned to the side and noticed the bed was empty. I remembered being with him near the lake. I must have fallen asleep there, and he must have carried me back. But where is he now?

"He's getting ready for the weddings," Elena responds, placing the breakfast tray on the bed. My face falls at her words. I'm getting married today to the Beast King, Lucian. I have no desire to.

"Bella, are you okay?" Elena asks, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. I look down, nodding slowly. Where is my mother? I need her right now. I want her here with me. I glance outside, hoping to see her.

"Are you not going to eat?" Elena asks. I looked up at her and shook my head. Right now, I don't feel like eating.

Elena sits next to me. "But it's King's order. We can't deny it, or else you know how stubborn he is."

"I don't want to eat, please. I'll just throw everything up," I reply. Elena sighs, taking the tray and placing it on the side table. She then comes over and hugs me.