Chapter 25

Lorenzo POV:

I knew John couldn't overpower Lucian, despite their similar size. Still, their confrontation would serve as a crucial distraction, buying me the precious time needed to execute my plan of kidnapping Isabella I hurried towards them, my wolf urging me to move faster, his eagerness palpable.

"Why the rush to see her?" I questioned my wolf.

"I can't explain it. I just need to understand why Lucian loves her so deeply," he replied.

As I approached, Isabella came into view, accompanied by a man who I assumed was Luths, her father. My intention was to kill him before her.

I quickened my pace, surging ahead of them. The wind tossed the curtains about, obstructing my view of her face. Yet, my heart raced with unwanted feelings.

Luths, sensing danger, confronted me with a raised sword, demanding, "Who are you?"

My body seemed to move of its own accord, and I reached out, pulling back the curtain that obscured her face.

"She's our mate!" exclaimed my wolf with joy.

"No, this can't be," I protested.

"Father, be careful," Isabella interjected. Her voice was as melodious as an angel's, her eyes brimming with tears and fear. Her pink lips trembled, her beauty striking in her white gown.

I was so captivated by her presence that I didn't notice Luths swinging his sword, slashing across my chest. Shocked, she looked down at the wound, her expression filled with terror.

"Bella, run from here and find a safe place. I promise I will find you," Luths urged, pushing her gently. "You, do not dare take her away!"

"No, Father, I can't leave you. What if something happens to you?" She cried out, her voice trembling with fear. I'm going to kill him, poor Mate.

"It's better she just runs," my wolf muttered.

"Yes, I don't want her to witness me killing her father. That would be too hard for her," I replied.

"Just run, goddammit, please. I promise to come back," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Stupid humans, thinking they can kill us with their swords. I should hold off until this drama ends."

"Are you calling our mate stupid?" My wolf growled.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean her, she's not like the others," I clarified.

As she hesitated, Luths shoved her aside. Run, love, or else you will witness your father's death. But then, to my surprise, Luths challenged her, putting his sword to his neck and meeting her gaze. What was he doing?

"Run, Bella! Do you want your father to die like this? If I die, I will die on the battlefield protecting you and my people. Now run!"

"Father, promise me you will come, I will wait for you," she said, her voice filled with a blend of hope and desperation. Luths nodded, his eyes reflecting her determination.

She glanced back once, her gaze lingering for a moment, before she turned and ran in the opposite direction.

Originally, the war with Lucian was about the king's position, but now it revolved around Isabella. She was the heart of the conflict, the reason for the swords clashing and the blood spilled.

"You monster, don't even dare to look at her. You'll have to fight me before you lay a finger on her," Luths declared, his voice trembling with fear and fury. I chuckled, tilting my head in amusement.