Chapter 29

Lorenzo POV:

I paced back and forth in my chambers, my mind consumed by thoughts of Isabella. Frustration boiled inside me, and without thinking, I lashed out, punching the wall with a loud cry of anguish.

"Why are you injuring yourself, my lord?" one of my men asked, concern etched on his face. I shot him a withering look, my patience worn thin by their incompetence.

"These idiots are so pathetically incapable of following a plan. Losers," I muttered under my breath, casting a calm glance at him.

Slamming my hands on the table, I roared, "What do you suggest then, you fools? She is my mate! I would've had her by now if not for your incompetence!" The room fell silent, everyone averting their gaze in shame.

One of them mustered the courage to speak up, holding out a sword. "My lord, we are sorry. John took a duplicate sword, made from this one. It has a nearly identical effect."

I took the sword, inspecting it closely. "What should I do with this? Lucian still has more soldiers than I do. Why do we both have the same mate? I need to know why Mother made her mate for both of us."

Before I could ponder further, the man continued, "My lord, we received news that Lucian is taking Queen Isabella to her kingdom." He hesitated, They should call her queen if I am their king.

The mention of Isabella's impending departure sparked a fire in me. "This is the perfect opportunity. I could go after him," I mused aloud.

"Only half of his soldiers are accompanying them. Alexander is staying in the castle," the man informed me.

A plan began to form in my mind, a wicked smile playing at the corners of my lips. "It's time to make Lucian suffer," I chuckled darkly.

"What is your plan, my lord?" the man inquired, eager to hear my strategy.

"Prepare a sleeping potion," I commanded, my voice tinged with anticipation. "We'll use it on Isabella and take her with us. They're not married yet, which is perfect. I'll marry her and make her mine, dealing a fatal blow to Lucian and his wolf. Once I've marked her, not even Lucian can stop me. She will fall in love with me eventually," I explained, a smirk playing on my lips.

"What about your throne and castle?" he inquired, a hint of concern in his voice.

"I'll have those too. Once Isabella is marked, I'll take her to Lucian's castle for the showdown. The sight of my mark on her will weaken him, giving me the upper hand. Then, everything will be mine," I declared confidently. "Mother, you see, I am going to achieve what I've always desired, but still I don't understand one thing"

"What, my lord?" she inquired, curiosity evident in her eyes.

"Why make her a mate to both of us? We were all cursed. How can this be possible? Why would she do something like this?" I pondered aloud.

"My lord, perhaps we could get these answers from her," he suggested, pointing towards the girl seated nearby. Elena.

"Elena, do you know anything about this?" I questioned, my frustration mounting when she refused to respond or even meet my gaze.

"Elena, don't anger me. Tell me, do you know anything about this?" I pressed, struggling to contain my rising anger.

"How would I know? You killed me. What happened after that, you know. How would I know?" she retorted. I sighed, realizing it was a mistake to ask her.

"Sorry, but I have to send you away. I wanted you to stay and witness your beloved brother's demise," I said, gesturing for my men to escort her out.

"Brother Lorenzo, you're mistaken. The throne was never yours and never will be. Isabella is not yours and never will be," she taunted, a smirk playing on her lips. I halted my men and approached her, lowering myself to her eye level.