Chapter 34

Lorenzo POV:

"Lord come outside, it's urgent." My guard called out to me, After giving Elena one last glance, I turned to face my men.

"What's it?" I asked, glancing around.

"Lord, Lucian has sent his soldiers all over the world with the wolves, and Alexander has reached kingdom Fiore, we just didn't know why," he said.

"They couldn't possibly capture us, it's almost midday, I'm eager to wed her, and I don't want to take the chance of Lucian discovering me," I replied.

"And we didn't hear about our informant. I hope he did his job. However, Lucian has sent soldiers everywhere, not just the ones we thought he could send." He continued.

"Yeah, that's why I can't wait, I think Lucian doesn't know about Bella being my mate also", I said.

"Lord, I think after eating, you should make the queen ready for the ceremony. I will prepare for everything," he suggested, bowing respectfully before turning to leave.

"My lord, your food is ready," a guard approached.

"All right, call Bella outside," I commanded. The guard swiftly left to relay the message, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Leisurely strolling toward the ocean's edge, I immersed myself in the vast view, contemplating the peculiar decision our mother made to mate both her sons with a single human girl.

With a wink and closed eyes, I allowed myself to revel in the anticipation of victory over both the castle and the love. The decision to mate both sons with a human girl held a mystery to me.

"My lord", I turned around, and there stood Bella.

"Oh love, you are here. Please have a seat. for now, can't give you a proper table and chair, so you could sit down here with me." I gently held her hand and kissed her soft skin, feeling a wave of shock pass through my body.

She tried to withdraw her hand, but I maintained a firm grip, pulling her to sit close beside me and securing her waist.

"Don't touch me," she protested, attempting to free herself.

"Okay, so you like Lucian's touch?" I inquired, diverting my gaze out to sea.

"Wh...no but why..." Before she could respond, I pulled out a fish and handed it to her.

The ocean breeze played with Bella's hair as her eyes flickered between the fish and my face. The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow on the scene.

"Eat this," I offered, handing her the fish. Confusion clouded my expression as she hesitated.

"Don't you eat meat?" I asked, to which she shook her head.

"Alright, I'll get you some fruits instead, okay?" I reassured her, smiling gently. Her gaze lowered, and she stayed quiet. Thoughts of our life together in the castle after dealing with Lucian brought a smile to my face.

Amidst my meal, I signaled my guard to fetch the fruits, and he promptly obeyed, bringing them to us.

Seated by the edge of the ocean, I turned to Bella with a certain warmth in my voice. "So, love, I get it if you were hoping for a grand wedding, a beautiful dress trailing behind you. But, you know, I can't wait any longer to make you mine. I did manage to bring a dress for you, though. Eat up, and after you're done, Elena will be there to assist you in getting ready," I said, continuing to eat my meal.

Bella's gaze met mine, and with a hesitant expression, she finally spoke up, "I... I don't want to marry you. I don't love you. Why do you want to marry me?"