Chapter Three.

When Lani became a resident she began to thinking about the type of surgery she would like to specialise in.

General surgery wasn't one she was overly fond of, it was safe. Stick with what you know. But she didn't enjoy it. There was no rush for her. It was just guts.

Paediatrics is what she enjoyed more. Although the same the children would always lighten her day up, but she couldn't stomach the idea of loosing a child on her table.

Cardiothoracics is one she hated for the surgeons. The heart was an astonishing organ but every heart surgeon she met was always snobby. So she put a pin in that.

Neurology was one she just could never enjoy. Surgeons would talk about the rush of cutting into a human skull but watching a surgery like that would bore Lani to death.

Orthopaedics was interesting the lack of guts was a immediate pro but the lack of surgery was not. She loved for cutting and parts of ortho bored her too.

Plastics made no sense to her. Why would someone waste 6 years of their life to change peoples appearances when you can be saving other's lives.

Trauma was probably her favourite. The rush when a patient is first brought into the ER was one she loved. And she excelled always settling the situation.

Sometimes Lani wished she could be a resident forever. The way some attendings would disregard their patients feelings sometimes shocked her. Her favourite part of being a doctor was patient care.

The residents began their rounds eventually making it to Mr. Nakijima's room.

" Dr. Knight." One doctor called on her to present.

" Yori Nakijima, 74, presented to the ER with a GSW to the abdomen and headache. A CT and MRI were taken. Showing internal bleeding in the upper left quadrant causing for Mr. Nakijima to need surgery. And his MRI came back clear although he did have a concussion."

" Thank you. How are you feeling Mr. Nakijima."

" Good." The old man smiled.

" Good." Dr Price smiled back.

" Dr. Knight, order cultures and another CT."

" Yes sir."

Soon enough Kalani was in with Mr. Nakijima taking his blood when Bucky came in with flowers.

" How you feeling Yori."

The old man smiled and nodded making the younger man laugh.

" Good, I'm glad."

" Hello Dr. Knight." Bucky smiled.

" Hello Bucky."

" He okay?" Bucky asked her.

" He's going to be in recovery for a while but everything looks good." She smiled as she wrote in his notes.

" Good. Thank you."

" Mr. Nakijima are you in any pain?" Lani asked.