Chapter Twenty One.

The next day Jamie had gotten him and Lani to the hospital to see how Julia and the baby were doing.

They walked into the hospital room, Lani standing behind Jamie as her carried a coffee for Nic.

" How she doing?" He asked when Nic hadn't noticed them in the room.

Nic turned to look at them, his sister in no better shape then him.

" Doctors said she's doing good."

" That's good." Jamie said before stepping forward and handing Nic a coffee and he thanked him for it.

" And the baby?"

" She, uh- she's out of surgery, said they're gonna have to monitor her see if her lungs improve."

" Have you seen her?" Jamie asked.

" No, didn't feel right." Nic said before turning back to Julia.

" She's alone?" Lani spoke up.

" I need to be with Jules-"

" Your daughter is alone, your newborn daughter and you haven't even see her yet." Lani said stepping towards her brother.

" Kalani-"

" No. She is your daughter. She's so small she could fit in ur hands. She needs you Nic. Julia would want you to be with her too."

" I don't think I can." Nic told her.

" Let's go together." Lani said and the two siblings made their way to the NICU.

When they got there they were gowned and a nurse brought them over to the incubator the preemie lay in.

Nic stood back as Kalani walked over to her.

" Hello you." She smiled.

Nic was scared as he stood a few steps back and all he could see was wires in his baby.

Lani turned back to look at her brother.

" I know it's scary. But look at her. She's amazing." Nic stepped forward as his sister turned back to the baby.

Nic smiled.

" She looks like Julia." He said.

" Thank god." Lani laughed making Nic shoulder her playfully.

" Did you guys talk about names?" Lani spoke up.

" Only once or twice... Thought we'd have longer."

" Gotta give her a strong name. She's a strong girl."

Nic smiled.

As the two siblings stared down at the small baby Addison walked in.

" She's beautiful." The woman smiled.

Nic nodded as he didn't take his eyes away from her.

Lani looked to her mouthing a thank you and the woman replied with a bigger smile.