Chapter Thirty Three.

It didn't take long for the news to be notified and gathered at the hospital to try and get a glimpse of the shooting.

Jamie had made his way there worrying for Lani. He got to the hospital but he didn't have the chance to go in as it was on lockdown.

No one in. No one out.

That included him. He wanted to call her but couldn't risk putting her in danger.

He had decided to find another way into the hospital. He found a entrance into a window in the basement but he froze when he heard her voice around the building.

" This is Dr Kalani Knight. We are currently being held hostage by armed men. Everyone is safe and alive unless we and you cooperate. The gunman's need to be guaranteed safe evacuation with the serum. If they aren't complied they will kill us."

He knew she was composed from her voice but he knew she was scared shitless.

He was almost in the building when a police officer saw him and directed him to walk towards him.

After Jamie explained he was trying to get to someone inside they made him stay with them at the front of the hospital with a crowd of people who prayed for their loved ones, just like he did.

Inside the hospital the crowd of people gathered closer out of fear.

Nic sat up from the ground as the force of the gunshot sent him to the ground.

Lani fell to her knees as her brother lifted up his shirt to see a bullet wound on the side of his abdomen.

Nic held his blood covered hand up to his face before looking at his sister. She immediately took her lab coat off wrapping it around it self and holding it to the wound.

Lani grabbed her brothers head making him lay flat.

Nic looked up, his eyes looking around the roof in shock before they turned to her.

" I'm scared Kallie." Her muttered to his baby sister.

Lani looked down at her brother just as scared before replying " I got you."

" Can someone get me gloves, betadine and forceps."

Lani looked around the room as no one moved.

" What the hell people! He's been shot!" She shouted.

" Next person who moves gets shot too." Zemo said.

" He's a person! He's a father for fuck sake!"

Lani turned back to Nic as she leaned harder on his stomach. The blood was soaking through her coat.

" You've got some balls kid." Nic laughed.

" Shut up, Nic." Lani scolded her brother which only made him smile.

" For someone who fears a lot your fearless."

Lani looked down at her brother.

" You saved me, it's my turn to save you." Lani said before turning to Zemo.

" Please. He's my big brother. He's killed for me. Please, let me save him."

" You made your choice." He said before turning away.

Nic grabbed onto Lani's hand.

" Tell Jules and Lana that I love them, tell them that I love them all." Nic said as he choked on his own breath.

" Nicky- please- your gonna be fine. Okay? Your gonna be fine!"

" It's okay if i'm not." He smiled.

Lani shook her head.

" Promise me something, Kal. Promise me that you'll love. And that you'll let someone love you. And you will marry, and have kids and be happy."

Lani nodded.

" Promise me Kal."

" I promise."

" Don't let what happened to you stop you from living your life. Don't let it stop you from being anything you are happy being. Have kids, get married, fall in love. As long as your happy and don't feel guilty about it."

" I love you Nicky."

" Love you too Kallie."

Lani grabbed onto her brothers hand holding it between each of her own to help with the pressure.

" Come on." Lani said as she pressed harder.

" Proud of you, Mom would be too."

" Yeah? You tell Celia in the light to fuck off, cause you've got a daughter who's waiting at him to see you." Nic smiled at the mention of his daughter.

Lani leaned her whole body weight on her brother for what felt like hours. It was only when she felt her brothers grip loosen between her hands and she turned to see his eyes closed.

" No! No! No!" She shouted as she tried to wake her brother.

" Nicky! Nicky! Stay with me please. Someone help me please! He's my big brother!" Lani began chest compressions on her brother, everyone else in the room watching in silence.

Lani continued pumping his chest for 10 more minutes.

She looked at the watch on her wrist covered in her brother blood realising it's been 10 minutes. She looked down at her brother his skin paler then before and his blood all over her and the floor.

She looked up to the many other doctors in the room as her brother's blood covered her.

Lani began crying silently as she crawled over behind her brother and pulled his body to her chest and she held him. She cried as she held him in her arms whispering in his ear, thanking him for everything he done for her.

She didn't remember when armed officered entered the building scaring off Zemo and his men. She didn't remember the officers coming into the room.

She just remembers sitting with her brother until she was pulled from him.