Chapter Eighteen.

Bucky was full of nerves as they made their way to Lani's brother's home. Bucky had bearly known Lani when he decided to punch someone in her defence, someone who turned out to be her brother.

He was also never one for parents. He never had a real relationship. He'd had girlfriends but he wasn't suppose to. So it was important to him that her brother liked him because after all she was all he had no matter how many years they didn't speak.

" Do I have to go fishing with your brother?" He asked as they made their way to Nic and Julia's home.

" If you cancel he wont forget it." She told him which made him groan.

Lani laughed. " You'll be fine, Bucky."

" I've just never met families of girls i've dated."

She nodded.

" Nic's fine. He's harmless."

He paused.

" Compared to you-" Lani started but he began to walk again making her laugh.

They were greeted at the door by a very welcoming pregnant woman who Bucky understood to be Nic's girlfriend.

" So, this is Bucky. Nice to meet you properly." Nic said as Bucky walked in.

" Yeah, sorry about that." Bucky responded.

" Not the first time i've had my nose broken." Nic told him, Bucky didn't know how to reply.

" Why dont you two go get the fishing stuff." Lani spoke up.

Bucky nodded as the two men made their way to the garage.

" You really got a metal arm?" Nic asked as they both left the room.

" Uh, yeah."

" That's cool. Can it do much or is it just one those lame ones for looks?"

" It- uh- works, just like a normal arm."

" That's crazy."

The two got everything packed into the car before heading back inside to say goodbye. While Nic walked over to the two women Bucky stood at the door. He didn't think Lani would like him hugging or kissing her infront of her brother so he opted for a wave.

Soon enough they were on the road.

" So where you from?" Nic asked him.

" Here in Brooklyn."

" Me and Kal are from Manhattan."

" I didn't know she was from Manhattan."

" What she not say?"

" No..."

" Kal thinks there's more important things to talk abt then where she's from."

" How come you call her Kal?"

" She's Kallie, Kal. Always been. I don't know where Lani came from, must be something new."