Chapter Twelve.

Bucky had decided to go to the hospital and just tell Lani everything. Sam was right if Lani was as great as he thought she was she would hear him out and try and understand him and his situation.

He just really hoped she would.

Lani had been paged as a massive trauma came in. When she finally got a minute Izzie and Steph came up to her.

" You were late." Izzie told her as she sat down at the nurses station.

" Yeah, I know forgot I was on-call." Lani mumbled as she wrote in a patients file.

" Hmm." Steph said as she stood beside her.

" What?" Lani asked.

" I heard you were in the hospital with some hot guy till late." Steph answered.

" Ew. Gross. That was my brother."

" Hey, I never said he was hot I heard he was hot." Stephanie put her arms up in defence.

" Your brother was here? Didn't know you even had a brother." Izzie spoke up.

" Me neither to be honest." She sighed.

" What about bullet-from-shoulder guy?" Stephanie asked.

" Bucky."

" Bucky." Izzie smiled.

" So what about Bucky?" Steph rephrased.

" I seen him last night." Lani said not looking up from the file.

" So that's why you were late!" Izzie shrieked.

" Kalani Knight." Steph tsked.

" Nothing happened, we just kissed."

" Just!" Izzie squealed.

" Lucky woman." Steph said.

Lani laughed as she shook her head.

Before another word could be said amongst the trio someone came toward them.

" Kal, you free?" Lani turned to see her brother.

" So that's her brother." Izzie whispered to Stephanie.

" Uhm, yeah. What's up?"

" Just wanted to let you know, Jules is being discharged."

" Good, i'm glad."

" Yeah." Nic nodded looking down at his feet.

" I wanted to uh- know if I could give you my number so you could come over some time."

Lani smiled.

" Yeah, i'd like that." Lani nodded before both her and her brother exchanged numbers and he was on his way.

After going to check on some patients Lani was walking around the hospital when she heard her name being called.