Stay Away From Me (It's Like That) (CHP 3)

Stay the hell away from me. And despite all the silence, I heard about it anyway.

- Tv Girl

Edric had neither the right nor the place to say anything about his uncle. He didn't know anything about him, and Hunter did. And Edric couldn't even bother to remember his name? 

The day had started just an hour or two ago and not a single camper had even arrived, but all Hunter could feel was a mixture of rage and disgust at a boy who had seemed pretty only on the outside- Who cares about how good you look if you can't have basic human decency? 

Hunter hadn't been this upset at another person in a very long time, so he did what he knew best. He started to do his duties around the camp. 

He built a campfire with the best rocks and stones available. His whole life was these rocks, his whole essence going into this camp. Why must that annoying and definitely adorable idiot come in to ruin it all?

Edric sighed, grabbing the plates. 

He hadn't meant to be that harsh right off the bat.. originally, he wanted to make peace. But that dork ruined it for him!

 Edric stormed off to the kitchen to wash the plates. What did he possibly do to that blonde brat? He broke Edric's nose and hadn't even apologized! Who's REALLY in the wrong here, right? 

...probably Edric. 

He had pushed some boundaries, mentioning the blonde's uncle and physical issues that were a huge fear at the age he was at. 

I should go apologize, he thought to himself after putting the dishes away to dry.

 He hesitantly walked outside, witnessing the other one building a fireplace and profusely ignoring Edric's presence. 

Edric sighed. He knew he deserved that silent treatment for his actions.

He walked over towards the shorter boy, and watched him build the circular temple of various rocks and stones. Edric sighed, taking a deep breath.

 "I wanted to apologize for, talking quite a bit of shit about your uncle. It wasn't the nice new co-worker thing to do... and certainly not good to say about someone's who's my boss now. I apologize for my actions, can you forgive me?" He said a bit blandly, reciting both what he fe;t and what he knew he needed to say, watching as the other one continued to build. 

"I do." He replied simply, before motioning for Edric sit down besides him.

Edric took the queue, kneeling down to watch.

 "Have you ever built a fireplace?" He asked Ed.

"Uhm... no?"

 He sighed, but continued to explain the proper formation and similar subjects.

 They spent the next few hours before buses arrived discussing plans for both the summer and a bit of what they were planning after just as an ice breaker.

The two waited and watched carefully while the buses pulled up, each taking a few moments to themselves before parking.

 Everything was set up, including a banner that read "Welcome Campers!" strung between two trees.

Edric smiled and turned to the shorter boy, holding a hand to give him a high-five. 

The blonde awkwardly smiled back, gently reciprocating the gesture and hitting their palms together. 

Kids started to pool out, a slow trickle at first as they grabbed bags and misceallounes objects. 

"Hunter." The blonde said simply.

 Ed turned to him in confusion. Was that supposed to mean something, like an incredibly  mild threat or...?

"My name is Hunter."

556 words.