Drift Down (CHAPTER 18)

Face it, babe. Boys were made to fly away, no matter what they say.

-TV Girl

The huge Day of Unity party was in two days, and Hunter's nerves were wrecked. 

It was supposed to be a huge celebration of maybe a hundred people, campers and the parents who wished to visit the camp at which their child had stayed all of the time. 

Hunter hated large crowds of people, and he doubted Ed would be around much, as he had mentioned his own parents coming to visit. For a last day of fun, before he and Edric had to go into full decorator mode, he decided to make a bracelet pattern he had found on TikTok. 

After a few moments of finding spare string from underneath the activities cabinets in the mess hall, they were ready to begin.

After he and Ed had gathered the campers and explained the activity, they sat at the end of a table across from each other, quickly braiding together their string. 

"What gave you the idea of bracelets? You don't seem like a jewelry guy to me." Ed snickered from his side of the table, braiding his green and yellow string together. 

"I'm not, it just SOUNDED fun." Hunter responded, braiding together red and violet strings.

"Everything sounds fun to you, Hunter. You'd drink bleach if I offered you a dollar." Edric rolled his eyes, smiling at his own comment.

"I WOULDN'T- actually, that's a lie. I totally would." Hunter admitted confidently.

Edric smiled at him, finishing off the braid on the bracelet he was making. He grinned confidently, taking it off the tape. "Give me your wrist." Edric said, the bracelet in hand.

Hunter was caught off guard, his eyebrows raised in fear a little bit. "...what?"

"I said, let me see your wrist." Edric said again, his eyes a bit confused on why Hunter had seemed a bit panicked. 

Slowly, Hunter raised his wrist from over the table, his inner forearm facing upwards. Hunter slid his wrist back from Edric, a bit relieved that Edric didn't seem to notice.

 He looked down at his now adorned wrist. There laid a green and yellow braided bracelet, a bead with a small heart engraved on it setting there in the center.

"You made this for me?" Hunter looked back up at Edric, who nodded and smiled.

"Well, that's funny because I made this bracelet for YOU!" Hunter grinned widely, putting the bracelet onto the wrist which Edric was resting on the table.

The green haired boy gasped and smiled, blushing ever so slightly. He raised Hunter's hand up to his face and kissed the hand, causing the blonde to blush. Their cheesy banter was sickening.

*    *     *

Belos had not always been the man he was at the present. 

The man who was so filled with rage and an uncontrollable coldness had once been soft, dull from the affection his brother had given him. 

Once upon a time, Belos Wittebane had been Phillip Wittebane, an orphaned witch from the Boiling Isles. 

For years he had lived with his older brother, Caleb.  He had had taught the small Phillip the ways of human hunting, a way to repurpose the schemes on which humans had attempted to harm them with. 

Caleb, however, couldn't keep his promise. He had began to lay with a human, Evelyn, which they had claimed to despise. 

Much before he realized, Phillip had been overcome with rage, murdering his brother and the connection between realms, trapping himself in the Human Realm. 

The Collector, though had been trapped there too and all Belos had to do was manipulate the simple child into his ideals to weasle a plan out of him. 

Soon in a few days, he would finally complete a plan with centuries on its side and nothing, nothing could stop him. 

(Sorry if updates continue to slow down, school's been pretty difficult. Living off pre-made chapters I saved up didn't last very long ;-;)

639 words.