99.5 (CHP 38)

What if the truth is required but your tongue is dry and you can't get it out now? What if you're floating away but you get too high and you can't come back down?

-TV Girl

Belos was back, truly back. Hunter had been right- more than right. Especially when his body was being controlled and manipulated by a man meant to be dead.

In the distance, Luz was able to hear her friends, more importantly the people she had come to see as her family and even maybe her future wife. They can't see this, not when she wasn't even sure if Hunter was apart of this or if he really was being manipulated.

"I saw you. You knew exactly how to get here, didn't you?" Belos continued on, his expression cool and smooth. His face was still mostly overshadowed as he stepped closer, the body of Hunter transforming into something unseen as his mullet grew out again, his skull crackling as green antlers arose from his head and the goop spread up and down his body, dancing across his scars. His eyes glowed blue instead of their normally casual reddish brown.

"You.. You survived." Her voice was brimming with disbelief and fear, unsure what this man was capable of.

"I did. Thanks again for keeping.. This one around," He glanced down at his hands, before adding, "But i don't need any of you anymore.

He had reached out to grab her, only dodging narrowly because of Flapjack.. The palisman had transformed into a staff and began to allow her to use his magic. She shook slightly, taking n aim for Helos- staying slightly off for good reason.

"Oh, you're not even trying right now. What, afraid you'll hurt him?" He sneered, flexing and stretching out his clawed fingers.

The group came around the corner, gasping at the sight... Hunter, but not. Luz with Flapjack's staff in her hands, aimed at whatever had Hunter's face. The group tensed up, each with a palisman turning it into a staff... Besides Edric.

Helos noticed them. Perfect. Even with the rare chance this one survived, he'd still be able ti ruin him.

"See, this is why you're so useful Luz. You're so desperate to help people, you even helped me release the Collector." He grinned, causing a slight murmur from the younger witches and humans. Had she really done so-?

"W-what? I.. I thought you were done with them and had wanted them gone!" She exclaimed, his voice doing its best not to embarrass her and break.

"Oh, of course not.. And not to mention, I thought THIS Grimwalker was a lost cause." He grinned, gesturing to the body he was in.. He had called Hunter a Grimwalker- and he was correct.

"A what?" Ed muttered, but he knew that name. Hunter had read a book entirely on Grimwalkers.

"Because of your help, we can finish our work as human hunters, starting with them!" He grinned, his arm lashing out to the group kids. Amity stepped in immediately, deflecting the arm with a burst of magic from her staff.

It didn't take the group a lot of time to attack onto whatever Hunter had become. While Gus and WIllow had more or less protective attacks and tactics meant to confuse him. Amity went in strong, blasting at him directly, Raine and Eda could only watch- knowing they'd hurt him, Edric was having a horrible time. What the hell happened to his boyfriend? He couldn't bare to move, watching the attacks in horror, then being more horrified as he lashed out back.

Luz held the staff in her hands and glared at him, gasping for air. With a quick speed boost, she had wrapped her arms around Helos, barring him in with the staff.