Lonely Girls (CHP 13)

Maybe your heart felt fine, it was your head that ached. But you still kissed him in the sprinklers, but it felt like rain.

-TV Girl

(This is just gonna be a shorter Lumity chapter, just so you guys can feed with other ships too!! Don't worry, this chapter will tie in directly with the next Huntric one, so just sit on down and enjoy yourself.)

Amity Blight worked at the camp library, obviously. 

Even at school, despite being incredibly popular, she was still quite a bit of a book worm. 

After all, she was sent here because her mother was concerned about her increased interest in Good Witch Azura books. But really, her interest caused her summer to become even greater. 

Through Azura (and some other mishaps that she didn't like to think about) she had met Luz Noceda. 

She actually really liked Luz. Liked her a lot. 

Actually, scratch that. She felt like she loved Luz, even if they had only known each other for about a month and a half. At the least she had a crush and that was that.

There was a younger kids' section in the library and that's where Amity had specialized. This particular day, one of the kids had stolen her hair tie which held back her half ponytail.

"Come on, Agnes, give it back." She chuckled to herself, stooping down to get the hair tie from the small girl, who shook her head and held onto it. "If you give me my hair tie back, I'll read you whatever book you want tomorrow."

The girl turned to her, her eyes shining. "Really?" 

Amity nodded and smiled. The girl handed back the hair tie and ran off, excited. "I can finally learn how to summon a unicorn!"

Amity giggled and stood, slicking her hair back. In the doorway, 

Luz stood watching. As she watched the interaction, she hugged the book she was holding close to her chest. She blushed in awe at the pure, incomparable beauty of Amity Blight. 

Edric came up behind her. He had snuck up in her love-struck daze. "Heey Luz!"

Luz squeaked a bit and turned, her face red. "Edric! Are you here to pick up Amity?"

"I was, but it looks like you got that covered."

Luz's face dropped and she rolled her eyes. "Is he bothering you?" Amity had come up behind her, surprising her.

"Oh nooo, I came here to see you and... here you are!" She smiled and looked down, blushing. Amity looked away, crossing her arms and flushing tomato red. 

Edric gasped and covered his mouth, realizing how... fruity they are. "Actually, I have some VERRYYY important counseling duties, and I will be back. Later!!" He rushed off, leaving the two girls alone. 

The two stood in silence a moment before Luz spoke again. "I uhm... came here to tell you, that the Good Witch Azura 5 arrived today, but I can't find it anywhere! I was wondering if you could help...?"

Amity's eyes widen and just as she had begun to calm down, her cheeks became red again. "Well, the thing about that is..."

"What about it?"

"It's in a hidden place... I mean, you know we were supposed to turn in our fantasy books before we came."

"Yes, I know that, Amity. Does that mean the book isn't here?"

"No, that's not what I mean but...."

"But what?"

"All my books are hidden in a secret room. You know how bad it would be if the manager ever found out I kept all the banned books." Amity whispered, leaning in closer.

"Oh. Ohhhhh... It's-it's fine. I'll just get it from the bookstore when I go back home, after the summer." She laughed a little sadly, waving her hand and beginning to walk off.

"Wait!" Amity grabbed her hand and flushed red. "I- I can get you the book. But if we get caught, I'm gonna lose my job, so we just have to be really sneaky, okay?"

"¡Puedo ser súper astuto! ¡Como un ninja!" Luz responded in Spanish, punching her fists through the air.

Amity laughed and began to walk along. "I have no idea what you just said, but alright. "

"Well maybe I could teach you someday, in Azura book club." She smiled but then looked around nervously. "You know I don't want to push you, maybe we should just go back..."

"We are getting that book!" Amity said, determined to learn Spanish from Luz one day. She pushed through to the basement of the library. 

* time skip to when get caught and are kicked out *

"Amity, I-"

"Don't. Just.. don't. Ever since I met you, I've felt different. You make me do stupid things and."

Luz gasped, tears forming in her eyes. "I- it's okay, Amity. I do stupid things around you too..."

Amity turned and began to walk off. "I'm going back to the cabin, Luz I'll... see you later."

Luz watched her walk away and puffed up her chest and slicked back her hair, holding in the tears. "Siempre hay otra manera y la encontraré."

        *       *       *

Amity had not gone back to their cabin. In fact, she had gone into Hunter and Edric's. And she, in fact, had quite a few ideas brewing up. 

TO BE CONTINUED....

832 words.