Till You Tell Me to Leave (CHP 9)

But I just wanna hear it said out loud. Leave me alone, God-damn you, get out.

-TV Girl

Edric... was neither fond nor unfond of Veronica. She was the daughter of his parent's close associate who happened to be a childhood friend of his. They had even dated, back last year. 

But it had meant nothing to Edric. She was just an experiment, and he was right; he did not like women whatsoever. Which was nice to know, at least.

He glanced behind them. Hunter was trailing behind them, his head down and hands in his pockets. Edric frowned slightly. He considered Hunter a good friend and hated seeing him so upset. 

But Veronica was talking his ear off. He wished she just be gone and he could be with Hunter, laughing, drinking punch or eating or dancing or... maybe even just... holding hands?

              *   *    *

Hunter and Edric were both DJ's whilst Veronica was at the snack station. The pair sat in silence while Hunter listened to requests and added them to the playlist. He always smiled and nodded politely. Edric smiled at his smile. He had such a pretty one, he hated to miss seeing it every chance he got.

Unrelated to Edric's fond feelings, the dance was going great. Edric checked out the queue and a slow song was up next. He glanced nervously at Veronica. She would ask him to dance and he'd have to say yes. 

He didnt want to. He wanted to say yes to Hunter.

Hunter clicked the pause to announce the slow dance. Everyone paired up. Veronica walked over and basically dragged Edric out. Hunter stayed at the booth, playing music. 

He felt jealousy course through his vein as he watched Veronica get the one thing he had wanted all evening, all week, in fact. 

He clenched his fists, wrinkling the fabric of his dress shirt. Until Edric interrupted their dance and walked out the doors. 

Which, obviously, Hunter followed.

Edric could not take it any longer. He did not care for the way her hips felt in his hands, or the way she talked to him. 

Nothing about the way she played with the stray, green locks at the base of his hair or leaned her face up to his made him feel right. 

He did not want her affection or her appreciation. He only wanted Hunter's, the boy he wished would be in Veronica's place. 

So, he left her dancing there and walked out. He sat on the front steps of the mess hall and stared up at the sky. 

The door opened up behind him again and he turned to find Hunter there. He sat with the green haired boy.

"You good, Ed?"

Silence. And so that's what Hunter responded with. Edric really needed that, a chance to think on his words. He sighed. "Its just..."

"Just what?"

"I admit, I dated her last YEAR. but it was more or less a social experiment which didnt work out but I dont know how to tell such an old friend no."

"A social experiment?

Edric turned away quickly, as to not see the look in Hunters eyes when he said his next words.

"Yeah, to see if I was... gay."

Hunter looked at him. "Oh. Ohhhhh..."

Hunter nodded and added on to his past statement. "That actually makes sense for once."

"Okay, alright, hey. What is that supposed to mean?" Edric laughed and gently shoved him. 

Hunter laughed back, and crossed his arms, folding them over his chest. "Well, Edric. If it makes you feel any better, I'm bi." he subconsciously put a hand on his own chest, rolling the cotton material in between his thumb and pointer before mumbling.  "...and trans."

Edric hadn't heard the last part, but he just smiled down at Hunter. Hunter smiled back. 

Edric could see the reflection of the stars in his eyes. Hunter's deep, auburn eyes seemed almost magenta in the light, and his dark colored suit highlighted him against the wooden tones of the porch. 

He realized how pretty Hunter was in purple lighting and felt his face heat up, forcing him to turn away. He racked his brain- what was happening? But then he realized. This wasn't just friendship; he was in love with Hunter and hadn't even thought about it like that... And he couldn't be happier about it.

The pair spent their evening outdoors, under the stars chatting. Even as buses loaded, they wandered away and made sure not to run into Veronica. 

They hid themselves in the surrounding wood, shushing each other as they giggled. 

They had heard Veronica calling out for Edric and had to put their hands over each other's mouths to stop from any sound escaping. 

And both went to sleep that night, thinking about the awesome evening, where, in a way, both guys finally found what they wanted, even if they had not known it was theirs to relish.

852 words.

(HEYYY SRRY THIS WAS A SHORTER CHAPTER!! I PINKIE-PROMISE NEXT CHAPTER IS A WHOOOLLLLEEEE LOT LONGER!! ANYWAYS, LEAVE OME COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS YOU THINK I SHOULD WRTIE IN FOR THE FUTURE CHAPTERS (just an fyi, casper and i will NOT write in anything past mild lime, i.e making out. if you dont know yr citrus scale, GOOGLE IT.)