chapter 11

"Here!"

"Oh. Young master, you're here again. Come this way. We'll guide you to a good seat."

"I'm not asking too much of you, right?"

"Oh my. Why would it be like that? Thanks to your frequent visits, business is going well, and life is worth living. Hahaha!"

Chung Myung headed to a window seat at the guidance of the restaurant owner.

"Here is a cold wet towel. Wait just a moment more and I will bring the alcohol that you always have. What would you like to eat for today?"

"Just give me whatever you recommend."

"Yes. I will talk to the chef and ask for the best food to be prepared."

'I don't want the best, I want the most delicious, you bastard!'

Who was he trying to fool!?

However, the man ran to the kitchen and brought two bottles of chilled alcohol.

"Here you are."

"Thank you."

Chung Myung opened the lid without delay and poured it into the glass as soon as she received the bottles.

From the sound of pouring alcohol to the act of drinking alcohol, everything was delightful.

'People live for this taste.'

No matter how much privilege Chung Myung had earned, and no matter how little she cared for the rules of Taoists, it was still unacceptable for a third-class disciple to drink alcohol in Mount Hua.

Alcohol wasn't banned completely, but it was strictly prohibited within the sect grounds.

But who was Chung Myung?

She was the sort of woman who must do exactly what she is told not to do; especially tempting are the acts that are forbidden.

'Oddly, if you tell me not to eat, I end up eating more.'

The two bottles Chung Myung had stored in her cave were long gone, and now it had become a daily routine to change out of his uniform and stop by this place to have all that she wanted because of the permission the sect leader gave her.

How often did she frequent this restaurant? Well, only the owner of the place would know that.

"Kuah!"

Chung Myung gulped one glass down and looked at the other glass as if she had left the mortal plane and entered paradise.

"Taoists are supposed to go with the flow in life, so why do they have all these silly restrictions!?"

Aren't Taoist rules stupid?

What?

Chung Myung is a Taoist, too?

No. She was a bit different.

Chung Myung poured another glass and brought it to her lips. Without holding back, she looked at the glass and then softly gulped with a smile.

"It isn't the same as it used to be, sahyung."

'Alcohol tasted the best when hiding from the watchful eyes of that nagging Sahyung. '

"I am still here like this."

There was no one there.

Chung Myung looked at the glass and smiled.

It felt strange.

He never missed anyone in his whole life, but now she was feeling sentimental while drinking.