chapter 16

"Elder, will Sahyung win?"

Seeing the elder tightly biting his lips, the disciple asked cautiously. Sama Seung parted his lips to answer as a stream of blood trickled down his chin.

"Will he win?"

It was an absurd question.

"He has to win, no matter what."

If that monster's wings aren't broken today, then he would continue to soar further into the sky.

Once that monster ascends, no one will ever be able to catch up. From that moment on, that monster would become a dragon.

This might be the last chance.

It might be the worst-case scenario, but Sama Seung hadn't given up hope.

'It'll be possible for Jin Geum-Ryong.'

Although he was also a second-class disciple, Sama Seung had faith in him. Jin Geum-Ryong's abilities stood far above the others. Although Sama Seung had spoken harshly to him, he firmly believed that Jin Geum-Ryong could stand among the best in the world with enough luck.

In other words?

If Jin Geum-Ryong cannot defeat that child, then no one in this world within that age range will be able to stop Chung Myung. In other words, if Chung Myung defeats Jin Geum-Ryong today, then Chung Myung will naturally take his place as the strongest in his generation.

That outcome was unacceptable.

'We should have stopped him sooner.'

Even if they had been criticized, Mount Hua should have been exterminated before it came to this. This was the result of them not destroying Mount Hua properly.

'Damn those Mount Hua bastards!'

Sama Seung glared at them.

He could not allow history to remember this day as the Southern Edge Sect's disgrace.

Never!

At that moment, Jin Geum-Ryong's sword began to bloom like a fantasy. Sama Seung clenched his fists as he watched the Twelve Movement Snow Flower Sword technique unfold perfectly.

'This sword will take your breath away!'

Jin Ran looked at the sword.

'Similar.'

The movement was copied really well.

The splendor.

The beauty of a single flower, as if it was alive and breathing. And a keen, fatal blow hidden behind the beauty.

Truly, the Twenty-Four Movement Plum Blossom Sword technique.

It is different from what Lee Song-Baek performed. If Lee Song-Baek's sword was merely an imitation of Mount Hua's technique, then Jin Geum-Ryong's sword had an elegance that even Jin Ran might admire.

Anyone bearing witness to such a fantastic sword would end up praising it.

But

The person in front of Jin Geum-Ryong was Jin Ran.

And she avoided the sword.

Swish!

Jin Geum-Ryong's sword cut the hem of Jin Ran's robe.

Swish!

The tip of her hair was also cut.

Swish!

Soon, it brushed past Jin Ran's cheek. A red line appeared, and a drop of blood trickled down.

Jin Ran easily stepped back and raised a finger to wipe away the flowing blood before licking her finger. Bittersweet.