chapter 17

Hua-Um village.

Someone carrying their own luggage entered the village that was bustling with people.

"... is this Hua-Um?"

It was a man.

No, it was a face that looked closer to a boy than a man. He looked around with a slightly flustered face.

"Is this the right place?"

What he could see with his eyes seemed so different from the memories he knew.

The Hua-Um that he had seen in the past was a small place that was something between a town and a city. It wasn't underdeveloped and had a prosperous history, but it wasn't anything noteworthy and even seemed quite gloomy.

However, now it was no different from a busy city.

Of course, it couldn't be compared to the big cities in terms of scale. However, the word 'village' seemed meaningless when newly built buildings lined the sides of the main streets and the shops overflowed with customers.

'Did I come to the wrong place?'

So, he asked a passerby.

"Excuse me? Is this Hua-Um?"

"First time?"

"No. It's not my first time. I came here once about a decade back, I think. It seems so different from then though."

The passerby answered back in response.

"If it's your first time back in ten years, then it makes sense that you're confused. Even those coming back to Hua-Um after one or two years were shocked."

"Ah... then this is Hua-Um."

"Yes, it's strange since it changed so much, but this is the Hua-Um you knew."

"Thank you. But... Why has the village changed so much?"

"Why? All thanks to Mount Hua."

"Huh?"

"You don't know Mount Hua? Mount Hua? Mount Hua sect?"

"Ah-no. I know. I know about Mount Hua."

The man. Wei Soheng nodded quickly.

If you told the people of Hua-Um that you don't know Mount Hua, they would treat you as if you were inhuman. For the people here, Mount Hua was more than just a sect.

It was their pride and confidence, a family.

"I'm here to visit Mount Hua."

"Oh? Is that so? You were a guest. Come on then, if you have any questions feel free to ask me, I can answer them."

As soon as the man heard this man was here to visit Mount Hua, he smiled brightly.

"What did you mean when you said that Hua-Um changed because of Mount Hua?"

"It's exactly as I said. These days Mount Hua's influence is piercing the heavens! Haven't you heard that their reputation is spreading everywhere?"

'No, because I'm not from around here. But I don't think he'd like me saying that.'

He couldn't bring himself to say that to the man in front of him. If he said anything slightly ignorant about Mount Hua, it felt like this man would blow his chin off.

"R-right."

"So recently, more and more people come to visit Mount Hua. As more and more people visit, they end up passing through Hua-Um. As you can see, it is pretty crowded, right?"