chapter 23

"Faster! Faster!"

"Sa-sasuk! We cannot speed up anymore!"

"What nonsense! Can't you see that?"

Baek Cheon's voice was filled with urgency and anger. Although they were climbing at a frantic pace, they couldn't overcome the initial difference from those who began the climb first. At this rate, the Wudang disciples would reach the goal first.

If that happened, Chung Myung would have to deal with Wudang's disciples all by herself. No matter how inhuman she might be, there was no way she could deal with so many Wudang disciples.

Not just Chung Myung, even Chung Myung's grandfather couldn't handle them.(....the sect leader from 200 years ago would like to have a word with you)

'No, Chung Myung's grandfather shouldn't be brought up, but would it be possible for Chung Myung if she became an old grandmother?'

Well, that doesn't matter now!

"If you don't want to see your unnie  die, use every bit of energy you have and move! Let's move!"

"Huh?"

Baek Cheon climbed the cliff even faster than before, with Yu Yiseol following closely behind him.

"Damn it!"

Even though they followed the same training schedule every day, they were the second-class disciples, while Yoon Jong and Jo-Gul were the third-class disciples. There was still an unmatched difference in their stamina.

"Gul! Be strong! We need to move faster!"

"I-I might die!"

"Don't whine!"

Yoon Jong clenched his teeth.

Falling behind Baek Cheon didn't hurt his pride. Baek Cheon was like an idol to him. Yoon Jong was angry at himself because Chung Myung might be in danger, yet he couldn't move any faster to help her.

"How can I... Uh?"

At that moment, Yoon Jong noticed something strange.

Some of the Wudang disciples climbing the cliff turned around and started to crawl towards the disciples of Mount Hua.

"What are they doing?"

"Do you think they are coming to stop us?"

"... so strange. Right?"

"Tell me about it."

It was weird.

"All that training to fight on a cliff seemed useless, I didn't think it'd help out here."

Yoon Jong drew his sword, and so did Jo Gul.

Would they deal with Wudang disciples if they were on flat land?

If they were sane, they would never dare. Firstly, Yoon Jong couldn't find anyone younger than him among the Wudang disciples. What's more, along with the third-class disciples, there had to be some first and second-class disciples mixed in.

But they were currently on a cliff.

Yoon Jong and Jo Gul were two people who had been on the receiving end of Chung Myung's sword on a cliff.

"You're digging your own grave! Your grave!"

Yoon Jong crawled towards the Wudang disciples that were approaching him. Jo Gul, who watched the scene from behind, mumbled.

"... it is really annoying."

.
.
.

"Petty tricks!"